Windows 10: If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?

Discus and support If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joannah_Zaragoza, May 31, 2020.

1. If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?

If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted?

:)

Joannah_Zaragoza, May 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 31, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, May 31, 2020
Thema:

1. If I upgrade my PC to windows 10, will my files get deleted? - Similar Threads - upgrade files deleted

2. If i update my outdated windows 10 from Check for Updates my pc files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i update my outdated windows 10 from Check for Updates my pc files get deleted?: When i want to install minecraft launcher it telling me to update my windows and if i update my windows from launcher my pc files gonna get deleted?...
  3. If i update my outdated windows 10 from Check for Updates my pc files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i update my outdated windows 10 from Check for Updates my pc files get deleted?: When i want to install minecraft launcher it telling me to update my windows and if i update my windows from launcher my pc files gonna get deleted?...
  4. If i update my outdated windows 10 from Check for Updates my pc files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?: Will my files get deleted when i upgrade to windows 11 from a windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-will-my-files-get/64053251-c1a7-4c48-b2c7-fc1c4f131400
  6. If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?

If i Upgrade to Windows 11 Will My files get deleted?: Will my files get deleted when i upgrade to windows 11 from a windows 10 home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-upgrade-to-windows-11-will-my-files-get/64053251-c1a7-4c48-b2c7-fc1c4f131400
  7. I updated my PC and some of my files are deleted.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I updated my PC and some of my files are deleted.: i did a restart to my pc because of an update but when i did that some on my desktop icons are gone and my old wallpaper is gone. Help! submitted by /u/Spectrum_101 [link] [comments]...
  8. Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will my data get deleted when I upgrade my windows?: I'm just upgrading from win8 to windows 10 via the installer will this savethe data on my pc or will it format my pc submitted by /u/NOT_Dx [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/goisyo/will_my_data_get_deleted_when_i_upgrade_my_windows/
  9. Windows 10 Upgrade Deleted My Desktop Files

Windows 10 Upgrade Deleted My Desktop Files: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 this morning. After initially having trouble signing in I was getting a strange error about not being able to log into my account - I don't remember the error name, I customized my desktop and moved all of my old desktop files images,...
  10. My files keeping getting deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My files keeping getting deleted: Hello, Please my files, folders (or anything that can be deleted) gets deleted any time I try to open it by double-clicking or even when I try to copy and paste it somewhere else (whether external hard drive, flash, etc) or even in another location within the hard drive. It...