Windows 10: If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?

Discus and support If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Huawei Matebook13 2020 edition because I live in China. It comes pre-installed with a Chinese version of windows which will not allow you to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bgale2009, Mar 19, 2020.

1. bgale2009 Win User

If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers?

I have a Huawei Matebook13 2020 edition because I live in China. It comes pre-installed with a Chinese version of windows which will not allow you to change the language at all. It's an ultrabook with touch screen, fingerprint ID, all kinds of bells and whistles.

If I were to upgrade to Windows 10 Home Edition via a USB in order to change the language for the most part, would I lose the drivers installed in my current Operating system, or will the drivers and files be preserved once upgraded?

Thank you!

:)

bgale2009, Mar 19, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 19, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

Drivers for Realtek 8111C/DL <-- The Windows 10 drivers are listed there.

Edit: Moderprator beat me to the posting line.

95Viper, Mar 19, 2020
  4. EarthDog Win User

Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

When trying to search for a driver on that motherboard, it doesn't say Windows 10 on it. My suggestion would be to get a NIC card of some sort that is known to work with the OS (most).

EarthDog, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

1. If I upgrade to Windows 10 Home edition, will I lose my device drivers? - Similar Threads - upgrade Home edition

2. Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?: A few months ago I built my own PC. But now I found out that I have a free windows 10 education key from my school. I currently use windows 10 pro trial edition, and have already downloaded a lot of games and apps. Will all my data be deleted if I activate the key?Thanks....
  3. Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?: A few months ago I built my own PC. But now I found out that I have a free windows 10 education key from my school. I currently use windows 10 pro trial edition, and have already downloaded a lot of games and apps. Will all my data be deleted if I activate the key?Thanks....
  4. Will I lose all my files if I activate Windows 10 education edition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  6. I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant upgrade window 10 home edition to pro ox004f050: I buy Window 10 pro key in the Shopee.. I want to upgrade from Window 10 Home Basic to pro but suddenlyThis error come please.. help ox004f050 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-upgrade-window-10-home-edition-to-pro/60e45c32-769f-4135-9e80-15b9ba8e2d72
  7. Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Encryption Windows 10 Home Edition: I have a friend that just bought a new HP laptop but it has Windows 10 Home. He wants to use the device encryption but it doesn't appear in the menu. He has the TPM and UEFI Enabled but it doesn't give me the option for device encryption. When I look at System Information to...
  8. windows 10 home edition upgrade

windows 10 home edition upgrade: hi I want to upgrade the version of windows that installed on my dell xps 9570 from 1803 to 1809 . how can I do it? let me tell you that I activated my windows first by digital license....
  9. Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I retain Window 10 Home license if I upgrade it to pro edition?: I have two licenses one Home edition and one pro edition. If I upgrade home edition to pro edition can I install home edition on another computer?...
  10. Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10

Will I lose my data, settings, and programs if I upgrade to Windows 10: I am planning on reserving Windows 10 on my Windows 8.1 computer and I wanted to know if I will lose everything. 8250