Windows 10: If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

Discus and support If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey guys i wanted to ask if i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 with a disk because my pc didnt show me the message to upgrade due to a activation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexjames2320, Sep 19, 2015.

1. If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

Hey guys i wanted to ask if i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 with a disk because my pc didnt show me the message to upgrade due to a activation problem i had a long time ago and now im planning on to upgrade through a disk to windows 10 will i loose my files? and do i need to install all over again my apps with this option? Thanks! *Smile

:)

alexjames2320, Sep 19, 2015

2. Will I loose Office if i upgrade to Windows 10?

This is a ? to Andre Da Costa
    If i upgrade to win 10 can i revert back to my win 7? with no issues? Could you let me know please Andre Da Costa? Also, and how do I revert back to windows 7 home premium?

GreatAce1969Canadian, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Will I loose Office if i upgrade to Windows 10?

I'm deciding if I want to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 and my main concern is if I will loose Microsoft office during the upgrade. I do not have the product key for office to re-install it if it is lost. Will I loose my Office programs if I do the free
    upgrade to Windows 10?

MichelleCazalas, Sep 19, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

Hello Alex, welcome to Ten Forums,
    Files will remain, as far as programs are concerned, if they are not compatible with 10( usually very old ones) they won't make it.
    Read this tutorial from @Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  5. Hey! Nice to be here mate thanks a lot for your Usefull Information i really appreciate it.

alexjames2320, Sep 19, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome. During the preview and for the final, I have tested the upgrade install many times from a windows 7 system image, and lost only speccy(which because of program issues reading temps causes BSOD's on some systems) and of course Media Center(not Media Player).

Cliff S, Sep 19, 2015
  7. If you want to see your temps, you can us RealTemp. I keep it in my system tray so I can always see what my temps are. I set it to start at boot.

I really liked Speccy.

PlatypusKnight, Sep 19, 2015
  8. If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

To be safe, BEFORE you do the upgrade, you should seriously consider using an imaging/restore program like Macrium Reflect to image off your system to an external drive:

Macrium Reflect (MR) provides a FREE version that can be used to image and restore partitions or entire drives.

What I recommend is the following:
    1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
    2) Run MR and choose the option: "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows" to write a full backup to an external drive
    3) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

NOW, you have the means to restore a full working system from the external drive in only a few minutes.

Mark Phelps, Sep 19, 2015
  9. As un update

Speccy is working on Windows 10 for me now. Just downloaded and installed.

*Party

PlatypusKnight, Sep 20, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Thanks for the info, post again after a couple days please, for me that's when problem started.

Cliff S, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7?

1. If i upgrade to windows 10 will i loose my files from windows 7? - Similar Threads - upgrade loose files

2. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  3. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...: Hello sir/madams, I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7 for the free from official site of microsoft. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded to windows 10 it asks for activation. I can't even personalize my computer. I try to follow the steps it tells me but I...
  4. I have upgraded windows 10 from windows 7. My windows 7 was activated but when I upgraded...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10: can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/e8e063b6-95a6-41a2-85c1-a2279c82d129
  6. can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10

can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10: can i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-from-windows-7-to-windows-10/e8e063b6-95a6-41a2-85c1-a2279c82d129
  7. If i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and keep the files when upgrading to windows 10 ,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and keep the files when upgrading to windows 10 ,...: I want to format my pc and make a new installation first of windows 7 then upgrade to window 10 and keep the files.in the end will i have windows 10 on the pc with all updates latest build or it will be windows 10 "on" windows 7 ?...
  8. If i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and keep the files when upgrading to windows 10 ,...

If i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and keep the files when upgrading to windows 10 ,...: I want to format my pc and make a new installation first of windows 7 then upgrade to window 10 and keep the files.in the end will i have windows 10 on the pc with all updates latest build or it will be windows 10 "on" windows 7 ?...
  9. If i upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 and keep the files when upgrading to windows 10 ,...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Will I loose my files when I upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I loose my files when I upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11?: I want to upgrade my windows 10 to windows 11.I would like to know if I'm gonna loose my files after upgrading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-i-loose-my-files-when-i-upgrade-from-windows/ebf3a0c0-3a85-4d01-94ab-1b027f17c84d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 to windows10 upgrade loose files