Windows 10: If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

Discus and support If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't want it to go to sleep or hibernate. submitted by /u/skyesdow [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skyesdow, Jul 3, 2020.

1. If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

I don't want it to go to sleep or hibernate.

submitted by /u/skyesdow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skyesdow, Jul 3, 2020
  2. BenCarp Win User

I would like my computer to get locked after 5 minutes of no use. Surprisingly I can't find out how to set it.

I would like my computer to get locked after 5 minutes of no use. For some reason I can't find how to configure windows to work this way. Any suggestions?

BenCarp, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Marron Win User
    How to lock computer after display turns off ?

I know what Win+L does. I'm using that sometimes, but I don't have a habit of doing it when I leave my computer, so I need that to happen automatically.

Currently, I have it set so it 'locks the computer' after 5 minutes, but on 'power saver', I have 'turn off display' on 2 minutes. So this is what happens. After 2 minutes pass, it turns off the display, after 5 minutes pass it locks the computer. I do have. If I work on the computer after 3 minutes pass, I do see the 'lock page', but after it goes up, I see directly the desktop and am not prompted to enter the password.

I want something to 'lock the computer' when 'display goes off'. I have 'turn off display' on different intervals.
    2 minutes - power saver battery
    5 minutes - balanced battery
    5 minutes - high performance battery
    10 minutes - power saver plugged
    15 minutes - balanced plugged
    15 minutes - high performance plugged

I want 'lock screen times to be the same:
    2 minutes - power saver battery
    5 minutes - balanced battery
    5 minutes - high performance battery
    10 minutes - power saver plugged
    15 minutes - balanced plugged
    15 minutes - high performance plugged

Marron, Jul 3, 2020
  4. miquo Win User

If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

why the 5 minutes break?

Hi all, I don’t know if this is a known matter and if there’s a solution.

Normal procedure for locking keypad and unlocking:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to be locked,
    • I press Unlock key (here it’s menu key) and * key (star key) then enter correct Security code 12345.
    • Phone is Unlocked.

Nothing’s easy then this. But what if I type wrong codes for a few times just as a test:

• I set "Security keyguard" and "Automatic keyguard" On to lock the phone,
    • I go to homescreen and wait 1 minute for it to lock,
    • I press unlock key and * key and enter random wrong codes for a few times (NOT 12345),
    • phone is still Locked due to wrong Security codes with message “Code error”. Good!
    • Now I press Unlock key and *key and this time I enter correct Security code 12345 then ok.
    • But Phone is still Locked with message “Code error”!!!! I retry entering correct Security code 12345 again with no luck.
    • what do I do? I waited 5 minutes and retried entering Security code 12345 again and OMG this time it’s Unlocked. Good.
    • to make sure of this, I repeated steps 1 to 7 and same matter.

Why does the phone lock itself completely on me for 5 minutes that's after a few Erroneous security code test attempts (maybe 3 or 5) even if after this I directly enter correct Code 12345 but it's still locked??

Is there any extra Security code in this case? how to let the phone accept the correct code before 5 minutes?

miquo, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that?

1. If I want my computer to lock itself after 5 minutes of no use, how do I do that? - Similar Threads - computer lock itself

2. My computer has blue screen and locks itself. How do I unlock it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has blue screen and locks itself. How do I unlock it?: Hello, I was playing roblox on my new HP Pavillion laptop, and a blue screen popped up for a second and had ‘locking...’ written on it. My laptop is now a black screen and I cannot turn it on. Please help, I have no idea how to turn it back on and fix it! Thanks...
  3. How do I Use my computer to play PS4

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I Use my computer to play PS4: I have an iMac 2017 running windows 10 bootcamp. It has a thunderbolt port, and I want to use a hdmi to thunderbolt cable to play my PS4 on my iMac screen. I have tried remote play and it’s way to laggy to be enjoyable. Does anyone know how to set up windows software to allow...
  4. I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?: How do I stop this 'one drive' nonsense from backing up to the 'cloud'? I do not trust it and do not want any of my information going to the 'cloud' whatever the hell that is!....
  5. I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?: How do I stop this 'one drive' nonsense from backing up to the 'cloud'? I do not trust it and do not want any of my information going to the 'cloud' whatever the hell that is!....
  6. How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I use my phone hotspot for this computer?: I have a Samsung Galaxy A10e. I turned on Bluetooth tethering so that I can share my wifi. What I want to do is share my wifi with my laptop, but when I go on hotspot settings on my laptop I only see options for sharing my laptops wifi instead of using another devices (like...
  7. I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I do not want to use a PIN. I want to use a Password. How hard is it?: Ok, first.....I did not fall off the turnip wagon this morning and whack my head on a Maple tree. Using a PIN in place of passwords and two-step verification is one of the most insane, unsafe, non-secure things anyone could do. I do not want the stupid PIN, I will not...
  8. I DO NOT want to use Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I DO NOT want to use Onedrive: Hi, I DO NOT want to use onedrive. I only want my files saved to my PC. How do I do this?? I selected I only want files stored on my PC folder, then I deleted the folder from my onedrive folder. I then tried to open them in my PC folder and it said they'd been deleted!!...
  9. How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my new Windows 10 laptop computer to go dark after 5 minutes of inactivity?: Dear Community, I've got a new laptop with Windows 10, and the screen on this computer doesn't go dark after, say, five minutes of inactivity. How do I change that?...
  10. If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.: I was just wondering, has Microsoft implemented a way to lockdown the internet access on Windows Defender (Security) yet? I did awhile ago place such a request on the Feedback Hub but had no response yet from the development team at Microsoft. Is such a feature possible with...