Windows 10: If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.

Discus and support If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was just wondering, has Microsoft implemented a way to lockdown the internet access on Windows Defender (Security) yet? I did awhile ago place such a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Skynet100, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Skynet100 Win User

If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.

I was just wondering, has Microsoft implemented a way to lockdown the internet access on Windows Defender (Security) yet? I did awhile ago place such a request on the Feedback Hub but had no response yet from the development team at Microsoft. Is such a feature possible with Windows Security at the moment? Or will we still have to use third-party internet security software's for the time being.

:)

Skynet100, Dec 1, 2018

2. Computer in lockdown

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

If you are referring to the lock screen, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• On the lock screen, click on Ease of access icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click On Screen keyboard.
    • Type the password and check.

I also suggest you to change the language and check.

• On the lock screen, click on language icon next to network connection icon.
    • Click the language to US English.
    • Type the password and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Computer in lockdown

I have done all of the troubleshooting steps that you provided and I still can't get Windows to start because it won't accept my password which I know has been entered correctly I know my password Works to get into my Microsoft account on my android phone.
    Previously tried to make a reset password but Windows 10 will not allow it and i had a lot of other problems. Now I can't even restore or do a clean install because it always asks for a password

grannyjudy, Dec 1, 2018
  4. If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.

Computer in lockdown

During installation of windows 10 I arrived at the blue screen which asks for my Outlook/Microsoft password. My computer has been in lockdown on that screen for3 days.

When I enter my correct password I get an error message saying that my password is incorrect which having checked it on another laptop I know this is not the case.

My laptop is useless, none of functions work.

Any one out there got any suggestions?

Johnpatt

johnpatt454, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer.

1. If I wanted to: How do I lockdown the network on the computer. - Similar Threads - wanted lockdown network

2. How do I undo remove a display on a network computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I undo remove a display on a network computer?: I accidentally removed a display from the desktop and now the monitor I am trying to use only shows up in display settings when it is turned off. Once I turn on the monitor it disappears from the display settings. I tried to go back into display > Advance display settings to...
  3. How do I undo remove a display on a network computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I undo remove a display on a network computer?: I accidentally removed a display from the desktop and now the monitor I am trying to use only shows up in display settings when it is turned off. Once I turn on the monitor it disappears from the display settings. I tried to go back into display > Advance display settings to...
  4. How do I undo remove a display on a network computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change network?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change network?: I am with Fibranet.My PC says" You need to change your network. The one that you are using is old, slow, insecure and is about to be phased out".What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-network/25105e91-0c05-41b8-9fdc-271c84c8a9d7
  6. How do I change network?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change network?: I am with Fibranet.My PC says" You need to change your network. The one that you are using is old, slow, insecure and is about to be phased out".What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-network/25105e91-0c05-41b8-9fdc-271c84c8a9d7
  7. How do I change network?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?

in Windows 10 Customization
    I do not want ANYTHING saved to the cloud. How do I do that?: How do I stop this 'one drive' nonsense from backing up to the 'cloud'? I do not trust it and do not want any of my information going to the 'cloud' whatever the hell that is!....
  9. how do I network two computers (w10) by wifi ?

how do I network two computers (w10) by wifi ?: how do I network two computers (w10) by wifi ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-network-two-computers-w10-by-wifi/ee424208-32b6-4d68-b03c-8e0fc5a36f4a
  10. how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network

how do I connect my computer to another computer on my network: I can connect one computer (A) to another computer (B), but cannot connect B to A. Both are using Windows 10, but B is home version while A is pro version....