Windows 10: If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone?

Discus and support If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm a little scared that my hardware will be gone if I reset the data on windows 10. I don't want my hardware to go away. Will my hardware get deleted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ben&Friends, May 1, 2021.

1. If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone?

I'm a little scared that my hardware will be gone if I reset the data on windows 10. I don't want my hardware to go away. Will my hardware get deleted if I clean the drive?

:)

Ben&Friends, May 1, 2021

2. How to wipe a hard drive

modder I already used kill-disk. The deletion is done, I need to reinstall everything.

floridajerseyguy, May 1, 2021
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 1, 2021
  4. Jerry8A Win User

If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone?

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone? [​IMG]

Jerry8A, May 1, 2021
Thema:

If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone?

1. If I wipe out the drive, will my hardware be gone? - Similar Threads - wipe drive hardware

2. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  3. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop: Hi I recently deleted my One Drive content because I keep getting prompt on the nearly full storage in my Word when I am working all the time. So I delete the storage with the hope that it will not bother me again, and I also deleted them from the One Drive Recyle Bin to make...
  4. One Drive Wiped out all of my data on my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Onedrived wiped out my hard drive including the operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrived wiped out my hard drive including the operating system: Last night I wanted to work from home, so I decided to login into onedrive to access one file from my work computer. I logged in using my laptop. As soon as I logged in, Onedrive started to synch all my personal files with my work computer at the office. I immediately stopped...
  6. I can't wipe my graphics drive

I can't wipe my graphics drive: I can now reach the point where I can get to the safe booting on my PC but I can't find a way to uninstall the graphics drive causing the problem can anyone help me?...
  7. Reset Windows Wipe out D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Reset Windows Wipe out D drive: Split from this thread. Dear Clark I have the same issue. When I was resetting the windows I explicitly selected "wipe out only the partition with Windows" which was my DISC C. I moved all my files to DISC D which had no windows and which I assumed would not be wiped out....
  8. Wipe out

Wipe out: W10 forced PIN selection to open my laptop this morning 3/21/2020 after functioning okay Humm cannot reach page was still happening, of course. Blue screen with old lit Window image appears with tray icons verticle on screen instead if in tray. Serms old style?! ALL my...
  9. wipe out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wipe out: I got my laptop used and it runs real slow. I want to just wipe it clean, remove everything on it and start fresh. what I don't know is if I will lose the windows too? will I have to reinstall it myself or will it automatically have it on there? it has windows 10 but tells...
  10. One Drive wiped out folders

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Drive wiped out folders: Prior to the May update, there was a different update that wiped out my entire Picture folder from One Drive. Let me be clear, I do not want One Drive or ANY cloud hosting service. They're unstable, unreliable and not secure. I have two internal backup drives and two external...