Windows 10: If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer

Discus and support If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to be able to type in %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates in order to be able to replace Normal.dot something with Normal.old.dotm. See... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by suemcp001, Mar 15, 2019.

1. suemcp001 Win User

If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer

I am trying to be able to type in %appdata%\Microsoft\Templates in order to be able to replace Normal.dot something with Normal.old.dotm. See

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2637570/the-save-as-dialog-box-appears-two-times-when-you-try-to-save-a-file-i

:)

suemcp001, Mar 15, 2019
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Microsoft fixes Internet Explorer 7 phishing shield

Internet Explorer 7 was designed with security in mind. While there have been several flaws reported in the browser, Microsoft has so far been very good with patching them. When they discovered that Internet Explorer 7's phishing shield can get bogged down very quickly when viewing multiple web pages at once (or just a web page with a lot of content), Microsoft worked hard to find a fix. The problem lied in the way the phishing filter checks for bad sites. Instead of checking whether a site is on a pre-downloaded "naughty list" like Firefox 2, Internet Explorer 7 asks Microsoft whether or not a site is good before loading it. A quick optimization patch was not included in the most recent "Patch Tuesday", but you can still get it here.

Source: CNET

zekrahminator, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

1. If I'm on a page called File Explorer how can I get to "Start" in Microsoft Explorer - Similar Threads - I'm page called

2. How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?: I am using Windows 11 Pro, OS build 22621.2506.After an automatic update don't ask me which I lost the the Quick access section in File Explorer Home page, it is not available and I can't find a way to enable it.But if I try for example do a "save as" of a file and select the...
  3. How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get the quick access section in the Home page of file explorer?: I am using Windows 11 Pro, OS build 22621.2506.After an automatic update don't ask me which I lost the the Quick access section in File Explorer Home page, it is not available and I can't find a way to enable it.But if I try for example do a "save as" of a file and select the...
  4. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  5. How do I get File Explorer back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get File Explorer back?: I installed something on my laptop to ungroup the windows 11 icons, it broke my whole OS. Safe Mode still has the same issue of File Explorer restart looping. It was from This Forum. Any help to solving the issue quickly would be appreciated! It was from Sumit D or whatever...
  6. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?: Hello 1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane? It just says "No preview available", whereas previews are visible for all my other types of file (e.g. .JPG and .XLSX etc) 2. Also in my Outlook ("for Microseoft 365 MSO...
  7. My Organise Tab is Not there In File Explorer How Can I get It?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Organise Tab is Not there In File Explorer How Can I get It?: My windows version is windows 10. In File Explorer, I am searching for organize tab. where is it be?.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-organise-tab-is-not-there-in-file-explorer-how/0ff123e6-d7c3-4224-89b8-3a77c93ca5f8
  8. Windows Explorer changed now called File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer changed now called File Explorer: Hello, I have been searching on posts associated with File Explorer but none seem to address my issue. Few days ago I was to be able to see Folders, video, music , docs etc on the left hand side, I had updated Office 2019 and for some reason I can no longer see any folders...
  9. Booting up Explorer & Start page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up Explorer & Start page: I opened up my Lenova Yoga this morning and neither Explorer nor the Start page will open. Outlook opens ok. Running Windows 10. Any ideas?...
  10. Get a blank page in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Get a blank page in file explorer: Hello.When I type something into the address bar in file explorer I just get a blank page. For example I tried this %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows the green bar came from the left to right and the page was blank,Its always blank what ever I place in the address bar. Any...