Windows 10: If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I?

Discus and support If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have searched for a shortcut for my Windows 10 that will allow me to quickly lock just the keyboard when I see my cats coming. I know something is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Blonduran, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Blonduran Win User

If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I?

I have searched for a shortcut for my Windows 10 that will allow me to quickly lock just the keyboard when I see my cats coming. I know something is possible, because they have done it for me 3 times this week alone. I wish I had their special perception of shortcut keys. The only thing I have found so far is the Win + L, but that locks my entire computer, meaning I have to go back in and log into my computer as soon as the coast is clear. I had found an app called KeyboardLocker that worked for a while. It required entering Cntl + alt + L to lock it, and type in "unlock" to unlock it. When it did work it was a great fix. However, when it didn't work, every time I pressed "L" for anything at all, it would lock it. Obviously, this "fix" was worse than the cause. It would right itself once I restarted my computer, but being a student, I generally have 4-8 documents and Word programs, online (and logged in) textbooks and school emails open. Having to open all these again and hope I saved everything before it locked got old in a hurry. I uninstalled it. So back to my original question, is there an intentional quick way to lock and unlock just my keyboard. Again, if the cats can find it, it must be there!

:)

Blonduran, Jul 18, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Cat locked my keyboard - how to unlock in Win 10?

So, here is my problem: I have a desktop computer and a laptop. I recently upgraded my desktop to Windows 10. I did some work last night on the desktop computer logged in as administrator. Well, it got late, I went to sleep. I forgot to log myself out. Big
    mistake.

Come today, I wake up in the morning and wanted to do some work on my laptop that runs Windows 8. However, the keyboard seemed to be malfunctioning. I was able to log on to Windows, but once inside, the keyboard was dead. I didn’t think much of it, there
    was the update warning in the corner bugging me for the past two days, so I ran it thinking it will fix the problem. It didn’t. I upgraded the laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 10, and sure enough, once inside of Windows 10, the keyboard remained locked.

So I switched to my desktop computer (wanted to google keyboard shortcut to unlock). Three things became painfully obvious: logged in as administrator, both computers are synchronized, BOTH keyboards are locked and I have a very naughty cat who was walking
    on the keyboard last night. I could tell by the gibberish she left me on my open Word document.

Long story short, my cat played administrator and locked the keyboards on ALL MY SYNCHRONIZED COMPUTERS. So here is the big question: how do I unlock the keyboard(s) in Windows 10?

I’m typing on virtual keyboards right now and it’s a giant pain in the wrist.

PS: the function keys do work

catministrator, Jul 18, 2019
  4. If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I?

Cat locked my keyboard - how to unlock in Win 10?

Thomas J.Lacey, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I?

1. If my cat can lock the keyboard, why can't I? - Similar Threads - cat lock keyboard

2. Why can't I lock my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I lock my laptop?: Hi. My laptop was stolen about fifteen days ago. I'm trying to lock my laptop to turn on location tracking using my Microsoft account, but it keeps saying, 'we can't lock your device right now,' I didn't write anything offensive or anything, so how can I fix it? Is it because...
  3. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My cat stepped on my keyboard.: The entire zxc row isn't working excpt shift. Neither are space, backspace, arrow keys; and y is now "ny". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cat-stepped-on-my-keyboard/70a74082-da61-4adb-9c46-43f82a5f31a0
  4. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

My cat stepped on my keyboard.: The entire zxc row isn't working excpt shift. Neither are space, backspace, arrow keys; and y is now "ny". Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-cat-stepped-on-my-keyboard/70a74082-da61-4adb-9c46-43f82a5f31a0
  5. My cat stepped on my keyboard.

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  7. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen: My work laptop is a Dell Latitude 5520 on Windows 10. When I work from home during the day, I switch between a desktop and my laptop. Sometimes my cat, Stan, likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop what cat doesn't, am I right?. When I think he is about to, I lock the...
  8. Cat Locks Out Keyboard on Lockscreen

9. unwanted keyboard shortcuts activated by my cat??

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted keyboard shortcuts activated by my cat??: hello all, sometimes my cat jumps on my keyboard and somehow, with her paws, she turns on features on my computer i don't even know how to toggle on purpose. just now she stepped on the keyboard and suddenly i couldn't click anything with my mouse, only alt+tab through my...
  10. Cat x Keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cat x Keyboard: Cat walked on my keyboard, now my PC is acting strange. SM64 skips frames, so I re-installed it, still have the same problem. Later, got a BSoD. I'm assuming it's a problem with the computer. helppp submitted by /u/lolyeet01000110 [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How can I unlock my keyboard after my cat walked on it. I cannot use the keyboard at all.

2. can I lock my keyboard to avoid my cat