Windows 10: If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop

Discus and support If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bear with my tech illiteracy please lol So you know when you hold down a key, let's say "X", it will spit out "XXXXXX......" Then lets say you hold on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by yo jsun, Oct 31, 2020.

1. yo jsun Win User

If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop

Bear with my tech illiteracy please lol

So you know when you hold down a key, let's say "X", it will spit out "XXXXXX......" Then lets say you hold on "Y" right after while still holding X it would look like "XXXXYYYYYYY......"

For some reason, when I hold down the "D" key and then hold down the "A", it will completely ignore the "A". It would just keep doing "DDDDDDDDDD........"

It only happens with this specific combination of keys. D doesnt ignore any other letter and A doesn't get ignored by any other one either.

It only really matters when I'm gaming in Valorant because there's a certain technique that is easier if both keys are held at the same time. This might just be my keyboard being messed up and worn because I use WASD the most, but at least worth an effort to find a solution lol

:)

yo jsun, Oct 31, 2020

2. Control key held down

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. I’ll certainly help you with this.

Before we proceed, please answer the following questions to help you better.

• Does this issue occur only while using the Microsoft Office Suite?
    • What is the exact error message that you get?

Check if the Sticky Keys and Toggle keys are turned on. If yes, I suggest you to turn it off. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I and click on Ease of Access.
    • Click on Keyboard tab.
    • Turn off Sticky Keys and Toggle keys.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Oct 31, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to revoke GTA IV key

It's a very long key on the booklet, so you are saying thats the issue?

P4-630, Oct 31, 2020
  4. If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop

Equals Key Wont Work

We suggest that you update the keyboard driver. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X key on the keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboards.
    • Click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Next and follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Keep us posted.

Michael Gall, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop

1. If my "D" key is being held, I can't use the "A" key on my laptop - Similar Threads - key being held

2. Ctrl key being held continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl key being held continuously: Ctrl key on my key board is held continuously and if I press ctrl key once it is unlocking for 2 sec and getting into locked position again. I'm unable to work with that turned off sticky keys, toggle keys etc and cleaned my ctrl key slot....
  3. Ctrl key being held continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl key being held continuously: Ctrl key on my key board is held continuously and if I press ctrl key once it is unlocking for 2 sec and getting into locked position again. I'm unable to work with that turned off sticky keys, toggle keys etc and cleaned my ctrl key slot....
  4. Control key and Windows key register as if they are being held when I play minecraft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control key and Windows key register as if they are being held when I play minecraft.: Whenever I play Minecraft, about like 20 minutes in, either my CTRL key or Windows key registers as being held down. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn’t and I have to restart my entire computer.I have used several keyboards, I have used several computers both Windows...
  5. Control key and Windows key register as if they are being held when I play minecraft.

Control key and Windows key register as if they are being held when I play minecraft.: Whenever I play Minecraft, about like 20 minutes in, either my CTRL key or Windows key registers as being held down. Sometimes it goes away, sometimes it doesn’t and I have to restart my entire computer.I have used several keyboards, I have used several computers both Windows...
  6. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  7. Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down

Laptop acting like ctrl key being held down: My laptop is acting like the ctrl key is constantly being pressed down. I tried many solutions I could find online like troubleshooting keyboard, checking for updates, uninstalling the update that it stopped working after, pressing a series of keys. Nothing has worked. I...
  8. Keys being held down not physically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keys being held down not physically: This problem started last week, around when I got a new corded keyboard for my laptop. When I hold down a key, then let go, the computer continues to act like the key is pressed, until I press it again. it is not pressed physically It doesn't happen every time but it does...
  9. Arrow key being held down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Arrow key being held down?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mordred0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hsrrvl/arrow_key_being_held_down/
  10. Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows receiving false key presses (as if a key is being held down): So, every once in a while my computer starts acting like I'm holding down "6" number key when I'm not. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-receiving-false-key-presses-as-if-a-key-is/330da41a-adf2-435b-8c7a-9422d0685860