Windows 10: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

Discus and support If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Trevon Silas, Mar 30, 2023.

1. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it

:)

Trevon Silas, Mar 30, 2023

2. Unable to share internet connection"Internet Connection Sharing is currently enabled for connection 'tunnel_32769'

Hello Graham,

We regret the inconvenience and we also appreciate the time and effort you have put in to resolve the issue. Let me assist you.

Before we proceed further, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the laptop you are using?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue? Is it an abrupt issue?

• Did you verify if the Internet connection Services is running?

• Are you normally connect to internet even when the network sharing fails?

• Do have any System Restore point set in Windows prior to the issue?

We also need which of the following cases of network sharing applies to your case:

1. One laptop using its Ethernet connection for Internet access and its WiFi adapter to broadcast.

2. One laptop that is connected to the Internet through a mobile USB modem and broadcasts the wireless network through its WiFi adapter.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check if the following steps help to resolve the issue.

Step-1. Disable wi-fi adapter.

Step-2. Enable it again.

Step-3. Create wi-fi hot spot again.

Step-4. Now share network connection from where internet is connected to wi-fi hotspot adapter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information related to Internet connection Sharing in Windows, for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 30, 2023
  3. jcaswell Win User
    W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Mar 30, 2023
  4. quasar923 Win User

If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

internet connection problem- help

my internet connection suddenly failed about 2 days ago. we had to power cycyle the the router and modem. the other computers on the same router network were able to connect. my computer upstairs still had the same problem. i am using my laptop now with the same eathernet connection my computer that doesnt get a connection with and the internet works fine on the laptop. it just randomly stoped working and idk what to do now. the cable is fine because i am able to use the laptop on it and the laptop doesnt get wireless so i know its not the cable. my computer is in the system specs. ive tried setting defualts in bios and that doesnt work either. ive turned my firewall off and that doesnt help either. any suggestions?

quasar923, Mar 30, 2023
Thema:

If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

1. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be... - Similar Threads - laptop turned off

2. my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon: my internet is connected to laptop but still showing globe icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-is-connected-to-laptop-but-still/c190e238-9393-49e0-be54-215d5b83cb98
  3. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  4. If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be...: If my laptop is turned off and is not connected to the internet currently, will I still be able to use the find my device feature to to find it...
  5. Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Secondary monitor display turns off, even though it's still connected to my laptop: Hello, recently I've run into an issue with a secondary monitor that I use.I have a secondary monitor connected to my laptop, but lately, I've run into an issue where the monitor will randomly shut off, even though it's still connected to the computer. What I mean is, my...
  6. Every update turns off my internet connection?

Every update turns off my internet connection?: (Windows 10 Home x64, v2004) Every time a Windows update occurs, my Internet connection is lost. I have to restart a second time to bring it back. This only happens on one machine ("First PC" in System Specs). Is there a way to fix this, or is it something I have to live...
  7. Internet connection keeps turning itself off?

Internet connection keeps turning itself off?: I run several PC's in my home.a desktop and 3 laptops all running Windows 10 1909 fully updated. My internet for these is run from a router connected to my desktop PC and wirelessly to all 3 laptops (Via Sky). The desktop and 2 laptops run without a problem, but the 3rd...
  8. My internet is turning off

My internet is turning off: Okay so, I have a windows 10 and its fine its just that whenever I connect to the internet it works for a while before it says lost connection and I have to disconnect and reconnect all over again (The internet it always on though) as im writing this the internet has gone off...
  9. Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on

Laptop not connecting to internet when turned off and back on: It is running windows 10, and is a lenovo ideapad330. When i am connected to a wifi connection and close my laptop, turn it off, or it goes to sleep, once it is turned back on, it won't connect to the same wifi connection that it was previously connected to. I am unsure if...
  10. Internet connection turns off every day

Internet connection turns off every day: Every day my internet stops working for Internet explorer and Chrome. Firefox works fine because I have it set to auto-detect settings. To fix this, I have to first click win+R, and then type "regedit" and open. Then go here -...