Windows 10: If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

Discus and support If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by plowenthal, Nov 27, 2018.

1. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

I f my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up with mynetwork connections?

:)

plowenthal, Nov 27, 2018
  2. JBG123 Win User

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

Their is only one phone jack where a modem can be placed in our house and it is to complicated to get Ethernet from the modem up to my computer. I can still connect with wireless internet but I want to be able to use Ethernet. The modem is a all in one (router+modem). If I buy a router and place it in my room can it connect to the all in one modem without using a phone jack (Just plugging it into the power outlet) alowing me to connect the router to the PC using Ethernet?

JBG123, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Getting a router to handle more connections?

I have a NETGEAR WNR3500 that seems to be experiencing a similar issue. When I play TF2 for a while (and refresh the master server list that shows maybe 3-4,000 servers), I simply cannot connect to any servers until I pull the power plug. TF2 works fine when connected directly to my apartment's Ethernet connection. It's almost as if the router (maybe the NAT table) overflows and refuses any more connections until the router is power cycled.

Jstn7477, Nov 27, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

Using a router to connect PC with Ethernet

No. You need a ethernet cable run from the first router/modem to the second router. You can use powerline networking, but that isn't nearly as fast as an actual ethernet cable, and sometime isn't even as fast as wireless.

newtekie1, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up...

1. If my PC is connected to an ethernet cable connected to my router, why is it not showing up... - Similar Threads - connected ethernet cable

2. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  3. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...: When i plug in my ethernet cable to my laptop it says that its connected to the Wifi extenders Wifi, even tho I have turned off the Wifi extender through the app and unplugged it. I have also clicked forget the wifi....
  4. When I connect my ethernet cable from the router it says that its connected to my Wifi...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  6. Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer shows Ethernet cable not connected: Every now and then when I turn my computer on it does not register that it has either net cable plugged in all I have to do is restart the computer again and it shows it plugged in. When I do start the computer and it shows no Internet for ether cable I cannot open Microsoft...
  7. Ethernet Cable Connection

Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  8. Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router

Pc doesn't seem to recognize the Ethernet cable or is unable to connect to my router: In summary, I had problems with Ipv6 connectivity, so I followed a guide online to fix it, it told me to use "netsh winsock reset" and restart, so I did that and now it is even worse, PC says that the Ethernet cable is unplugged it is plugged, and every try to ping the router...
  9. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  10. Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use

Connecting wifi to physical router for ethernet cable use: Hello folks, This is not exactly Windows 10 issue but a networking issue that I need some help with. I am in a situation, where I need to use ethernet cable connection but there is no physical ethernet port to connect to, but there is ample wifi. I have this pocket...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do.i.leave my router connectednethernet