Windows 10: If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I...

Discus and support If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I had someone assemble a PC for me a while ago, and I'm planning on upgrading my mobo and cpu. It seems Windows 10 Pro was downloaded from an OEM DVD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Chloe1210, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Chloe1210 Win User

If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I...

I had someone assemble a PC for me a while ago, and I'm planning on upgrading my mobo and cpu. It seems Windows 10 Pro was downloaded from an OEM DVD (I have the package with the dvd, and it says 'Windows 10 for OEM software'), and I know that if it's OEM then I'll have to buy a new Windows Product key if I make any significant hardware changes.

However, on the Activation settings page, it says that it was 'activated with a digital license linked to my Microsoft account', and google tells me that I'll just have to reactivate it with the troubleshooter if that is the case. Is that true?

I don't mind getting a new key, but my main concern here is my current Windows settings/configs, as getting a new key will wipe it clean and I've spent quite a lot of time tweaking those.

:)

Chloe1210, Oct 5, 2019

2. Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

This is what i get on step 2

If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I... [​IMG]

MCardona81, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License  

Hello MCardona81, If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I... :)

The digital license will automatically be linked when you sign in to Windows 10 with your Microsoft account.

At step 2, what does it show for you in Activation on the right side?

Brink, Oct 5, 2019
  4. guniu Win User

If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I...

Link Microsoft Account to Windows 10 Digital License

Hey, I have a question.
    Do you think the digital license is saved on my MSA after i changed back to my local account?

What I mean by that:
    I Added MSA to my Windows 10 and it said in Activation tab "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account", and my PC was in device list of my MSA.
    But I don't like the fact that I have to type in password every time I boot up. It's my private PC, I don't need password, I never had. So I switched back to my Local account. But now it's back to "Windows is activated with a digital license" only, and the PC is also gone from the device list on my MSA account.
    Do you think it actually unlinked the license, or maybe because I logged in once, it saved anyway, and I will be good with activating in the future on a changed machine?

guniu, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

1. If my Windows 10 is OEM but activiated with a digital license linked to my account, can I... - Similar Threads - OEM activiated digital

2. How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My...: How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My current activation status: Window is activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-if-my-microsoft-account-is-linked/775ab7c1-0f0e-4cec-a497-72dd77de8c44
  3. How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My...: How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My current activation status: Window is activated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-check-if-my-microsoft-account-is-linked/775ab7c1-0f0e-4cec-a497-72dd77de8c44
  4. How can I check if my Microsoft Account is linked with Window's digital license or not? My...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  6. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?: My laptop has Windows 10 Pro. On resetting the OS, it asked me to enter product key. But after logging into my Microsoft account, the "Activation" area shows that my device is using the digital license associated with my Microsoft account. So, I wanted to know whether this...
  7. Can my digital license linked with microsoft account?

8. Confirming Digital License Linked to My Account?

Confirming Digital License Linked to My Account?: Hi! I have an asus laptop which i did a clean install of Windows 11 at one point. It came with Windows 10 when i bought it.I just realized today that when i go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices i can see 2 identical devices with the same laptop same serial number but...
  9. Confirming Digital License Linked to My Account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confirming Digital License Linked to My Account?: Hi! I have an asus laptop which i did a clean install of Windows 11 at one point. It came with Windows 10 when i bought it.I just realized today that when i go to https://account.microsoft.com/devices i can see 2 identical devices with the same laptop same serial number but...
  10. Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?

Can I link my digital license to a different microsoft account?: Hi, I just got a new laptop with windows 10 preinstalled. Activating it I accidentally created a new microsoft account instead of using my existing one. So, now my digital license is linked to this new account. Is it possible to unlink the license and then link to the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i replace mobo oem if my windows is linked to my microsoft account