Windows 10: if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned

Discus and support if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, i have a new SSD HDD arriving in the post tomorrow and i am wanting to know if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned as once i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by daveb3, Aug 10, 2015.

1. daveb3 Win User

if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned

Hi all, i have a new SSD HDD arriving in the post tomorrow and i am wanting to know if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned as once i have started the process i will not have a laptop to use to browse this site to troubleshoot any issues i may have. i have used magic-jelly-bean to get a Product Key for my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS and i plan on using the media creation tool from this tut post https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9...%20and%20Setup and burning a Bootable Installation DVD, any info before i start would be muchly appreciated as you can probably guess lol

:)

daveb3, Aug 10, 2015

2. Windows 10 pro

I have a laptop which has 32bit Windows 10 Pro OS , x64 based processor.

Also, I've bought a new laptop which has a 64 bit Windows 10 Home OS.

Can I upgrade my new laptop to Windows 10 Pro using the downloaded file of Windows 10 in my old one?

Shreyas M.S., Aug 10, 2015
  3. Windows 10

Can I upgrade my OS to 64bit i have Windows 10 Pro 32bit and x64 based processor (I want to add more RAM) .

DjidjiDjukic, Aug 10, 2015
  4. if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned

Unless you purchased an OEM or Retail version of Win10, that product key will do you no good. The Upgrade versions activate using a combination of the Win7/8/8.1 product key and a hardware hash from the upgraded PC. Once you've done that, you can reinstall that same PC from Win10 media and it will reactivate without problems.

What I would recommend is using Macrium Reflect to image off the OS from the current drive onto an external drive and make the boot CD/USB for MR. Once you have the SSD, power down the PC, connect in the SSD, boot from the MR Boot media, connect the external drive containing the backup, and select the option to Restore, browsing for the saved image on the external drive.

Once that restore is done, disconnect the external drive, reboot, and everything should be OK. Since you already activated Win10 on this PC, it should reactivate without problems using the new SSD.

Mark Phelps, Aug 11, 2015
  5. daveb3 Win User
    thnx for the speedy reply, i think i can manage to do that as i have a 500GB USB 2.0 HDD with its own power adapter so that should do the trick albeit a bit slow with the USB 2.0 :[ but never mind, thnx matey...

daveb3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned

1. if my Windows 10 Pro x64 OS can be easily cloned - Similar Threads - Pro x64 easily

2. Cloning my Windows 10 pro OS drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning my Windows 10 pro OS drive: I have windows 10 pro on my laptop. I need to replace the OS drive where win10 is installed.(current solid state drive is Samsung 850 EVO, new drive is Samsung 860 pro, windows 1o pro 64 bit, OS build 19041.746 )1) How do Clone my old drive to the new drive ? What do I use to...
  3. Cloning my Windows 10 pro OS drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning my Windows 10 pro OS drive: I have windows 10 pro on my laptop. I need to replace the OS drive where win10 is installed.(current solid state drive is Samsung 850 EVO, new drive is Samsung 860 pro, windows 1o pro 64 bit, OS build 19041.746 )1) How do Clone my old drive to the new drive ? What do I use to...
  4. Cloning OS drive

Cloning OS drive: I'm running 10 on a refurb'd Dell which came with 10 on an SSD. I would like to make a bootable clone of the OS on a 2nd SSD of the same size (128 gig). I've used Macrium in the past to clone a 7 OS disk, worked fine, but I have read a few threads online where a user has...
  5. Cloning Windows 10 os help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cloning Windows 10 os help: Hello, my younger sister bought herself a pc. She is asking me to assemble it and now its done. But as you know she still doesnt have an os and i had an idea to clone my OS to her ssd. But my question is if i clone my os to her ssd, what would happen to my os? i could...
  6. Clone OS partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clone OS partition: Hey, I’m having trouble moving my windows 10 install over to my new ssd. I have tried cloning the entire disk and or all partitions from old to new drive using easeus, minitool, and aomei, but nothing seems to work after if clone everything, I restarted pc and booted from new...
  7. FYI-Cloning Hard Drive (Windows 10 Pro x64)

FYI-Cloning Hard Drive (Windows 10 Pro x64): Hi, All... When using free software I always keep this "Quote" in mind. “You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time” With that out of the way... I'm in the...
  8. Easily Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Easily Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro: Windows 7 had an “Anytime Upgrade” feature. Many people who purchased new laptops or Desktop PCs while Windows 7 was released got Windows 7 Starter or Windows 7 Home Basic edition pre-installed in their system. When the need of additional features for their home or workplace...
  9. cloning win 10 os disk

cloning win 10 os disk: Evening folks. I have a win 7 pc which I clone with Norton Ghost 15 on boot cd which gets me out of trouble regularly especially when trying new software out. I also have a win 10 laptop which does not work with NGhost, presumably because of the UEFI file system or...
  10. Sysprep and cloned OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sysprep and cloned OS: Hi. I am setting up some computers that has to be locked down tight with local GPO. They are in a non-domain network and is only on the Internet. Can I just clone the drives from one to the others without problems like dual SIDs? Do I need to run sysprep? *Tongue 42988