Windows 10: If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first

Discus and support If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; If you're new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup your email accounts - e.g..you try the easy setup first and find that in your case you need to use... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Razz, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Razz Win User

If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first

If you're new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup your email accounts - e.g..you try the easy setup first and find that in your case you need to use the Advanced Mode. You then enter all required data and when you're finished a message informs you of a system error. In this case, check the following and it just may save you a lot of headaches trying to figure out where you went wrong. In my case I spent days on the Microsoft Support forum and with support from my ISP provider.

The answer was actually quite simple: Windows 10 Mail did not have permission to access email. After turning the permission switch ON (as well as the People switch ON), the issue was solved.

:)

Razz, Mar 7, 2019

2. Unable to sync emails on Mail app in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Apologize for the delay in response to your issue.

As you are still unable to syncing the mails on your Mail app, we will help you with this issue. Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Step 1: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

As installing the pending updates would bring up an resolution for the existing issues.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 2: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Mail app in Windows Store and check if it helps.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2: You may uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store.

Note: You need to close the Windows Store and other apps before executing the PowerShell command. Also, sign-out and sign-in before installing the apps from the
    store.

Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and calendar app.

• get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows store.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 7, 2019
  3. unable to see email in Mail App

Hi Chris,

Please provide us with the build version of the Windows for better clarity of the issue. To check the build number, follow the below steps.

• Press the hotkey Win + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.

• In the Run dialog, type winver and press Enter.

• This will open the About Windows window displaying the Windows version and the build number in it.

I suggest you to run the App troubleshooter from the below link and check if the issue you can see the emails in the subfolders.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to install any pending updates in the Computer and check if the issue is resolved. Follow the below steps to install any pending updates:

• Press Windows key+ I to open the Settings.
    • Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.
    • Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try the troubleshooting steps provided, and check if the issue still persist.

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Hope you can see the emails in the mail App.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Mar 7, 2019
  4. If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first

Unable to sync emails on Mail app in Windows 10

After I got done downloading Windows mail and calendar I clicked on the mail app and it told me to add account and I clicked on that and screen changed to choose account.

Several e mail account showed up and I picked my Microsoft mail account. The screen changed to Creating Account (Exchange active sync polices broker) I click Yes and I get message = something went wrong (sorry not able to do that) Error code 0X80040154 and
    goes no further.

I want to thank you for helping me and wish your suggestions would have fixed the problem of outlook not working at all.

I give up and thanks again.

Sincerely

Rob

RobertWelchIL., Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first

1. If new to Windows 10 Mail and unable to setup email, check this first - Similar Threads - Mail unable setup

2. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  3. Email group setup for Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email group setup for Windows Mail: I am running Windows Mail for emails Windows 11 machine with Office 365, but am unable to create groups in / with my contacts. Any suggestions please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-group-setup-for-windows-mail/dbf11d74-55ee-4d30-8966-02e40b1e4017
  4. First setup Windows 10 in new Laptop didn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First setup Windows 10 in new Laptop didn't working: Hello team,Greetings!!I have a new laptop, but during the initial setup, the system does not progress in the office 365 setup section and only shows a blue screen. Can you help me to solve this problem?...
  5. First setup Windows 10 in new Laptop didn't working

First setup Windows 10 in new Laptop didn't working: Hello team,Greetings!!I have a new laptop, but during the initial setup, the system does not progress in the office 365 setup section and only shows a blue screen. Can you help me to solve this problem?...
  6. First setup Windows 10 in new Laptop didn't working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Unable to setup Windows 10 Mail & Calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to setup Windows 10 Mail & Calendar: Unable to setup Windows 10 Mail & Calendar. When attempting to register email account and Error 0x80070490 is displayed. Have tried to reinstall the operating system....
  8. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  9. Windows 10 first user setup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 first user setup.: I just received a new Dell desktop with Window 10 Pro. As the first user and going through the initial setup I can't get past the birth date entry to continue the setup. The setup will not accept any birth date I enter and as a result I cannot continue. Don't know what to...
  10. Mail setup Windows 10 Build 10.0.17763 not pulling in email

Mail setup Windows 10 Build 10.0.17763 not pulling in email: Last week my problem with setting Mail in Windows 10 was solved here. I liked it so much I decided to use it on friends computer running Windows 10 Edge. I followed the instructions and I was able to send an email successfully but it did not pull in emails to the Inbox from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Unable to configure email - System Error - Cant Get Email