Windows 10: If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?

Discus and support If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just as the title suggests, my computer is only a few months old and one that I built at that. If something GPU intensive like Unreal Engine 5 or any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Eggsys, Apr 19, 2024.

1. Eggsys Win User

If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?

Just as the title suggests, my computer is only a few months old and one that I built at that. If something GPU intensive like Unreal Engine 5 or any of my Steam games crash, I am unable to launch any other apps, especially when I am forced to close them due to the " [ ].exe has stopped responding" message appearing. If I ignore that message, I am still able to open other apps, but at risk of those apps crashing since it's essentially running the crashed application still in the background. Sometimes, apps like Unreal Engine will crash but still run in Task Manager as a background process and

:)

Eggsys, Apr 19, 2024
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 19, 2024
  3. Open App when restarting

When I restart my computer I have a message that I have an app open.

But I never saw this one until I installed W10. It says it is Faceaway Countdown dlg.

I looked on the app list from the computer and it is not there. I searched google and did not see it.

Is this a part of MSFT or google because I use their browser ? Or is it phishing ?

What is it ?

Thanks.

RaymondWindoz10, Apr 19, 2024
  4. Edwin Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 19, 2024
Thema:

1. If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer? - Similar Threads - app crashes apps

2. If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?: Just as the title suggests, my computer is only a few months old and one that I built at that. If something GPU intensive like Unreal Engine 5 or any of my Steam games crash, I am unable to launch any other apps, especially when I am forced to close them due to the " [ ].exe...
  3. settings app crashes but other users on device can open it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    settings app crashes but other users on device can open it: Hi, my settings app is crashing. It starts to open, then crashes. My mom can open it when logged into her account on the same machine. We are both admins. could this be an account setting? thanks!...
  4. settings app crashes but other users on device can open it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    settings app crashes but other users on device can open it: Hi, my settings app is crashing. It starts to open, then crashes. My mom can open it when logged into her account on the same machine. We are both admins. could this be an account setting? thanks!...
  5. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  6. App won’t open unless I restart computer?

App won’t open unless I restart computer?: So I have the app Cakewalk a daw for music production and I am having trouble opening it on my pc. If I restart my computer and it is the first thing that I open then it works fine, but if I open any other apps before it or close out of it and try to open it again it will say...
  7. Chrome and all other apps crash as soon as they open

Chrome and all other apps crash as soon as they open: I just got a new computer for black Friday and I tried to install chrome and it opened just for a few seconds the first time then after that. I can see the app open then it closes before the window is even fully loaded less than half a second. I tried with other apps too...
  8. how can i use one app over other

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i use one app over other: [ATTACH] here i want to use VLC over pycharm ,but whenever i click on pycharm VLC goes behind it, please help me out how can i make VLC there fixed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-one-app-over-other/dd28d7b0-5bb5-4e77-8106-b3ff0228a936
  9. Windows can not open word and other apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows can not open word and other apps: Hi, After I updated my system with the latest Windows update KB 4559309 I am having problem opening Ms Office and other applications. The shortcut points to the right exe file, the file exists but I get the message "Windows can not find C:\....\winword.exe" Make sure you...
  10. Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?

Why do some apps open on one monitor while others open on the other?: I have two monitors. All my apps used to open on the one designated as primary in Settings. A few months ago, some started opening on the secondary. I haven’t made any changes to my system, but who knows what Windows has been up to. Is there a way to make all of them open on...