Windows 10: If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade?

Discus and support If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks, I have got 10 on one partition of my pc, works fine, but because some games may only work on windows 7, just wondering if I upgrade that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by donegaljoe, Nov 21, 2015.

1. If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade?

Hi folks,

I have got 10 on one partition of my pc, works fine, but because some games may only work on windows 7, just wondering if I upgrade that partition from seven to 10, and find that games or other software won't work, if I then do a roll back to seven, will I still get continually nagged to upgrade to 10 again, as I notice that 10 download takes preferences over monthly updates on windows update?

Thanks
    Joe

:)

donegaljoe, Nov 21, 2015
  2. Yanil13 Win User

if you revert to previous windows do you still own windows 10?

i being having trouble with windows 10 and reverted back to windows 7, but just woundering if we still own windows 10 after reverting back to the previous windows

Yanil13, Nov 21, 2015
  3. vanonbay Win User
    if you revert to previous windows do you still own windows 10?

Actually, we do not 'own' Windows 10. If you buy an operating system ... any of them ... on a DVD in a retail store, you 'own' the disk. What we get when we buy an operating system is a license to use it. You are actually buying a license to install and
    use the software.

When you buy a retail computer you get an operating system with the computer. You have a license, extended to you by the manufacturer of the computer, to use the operating system that comes with the computer. These are called OEM (original equipment manufacturer) operating
    system licenses. You cannot transfer that operating system to another computer.

Indeed, if you make too many hardware changes to the computer by upgrading the graphics card, installing an extra internal hard drive, upgrading the sound card, etc., etc., and you do too many hardware changes at one time, you can lose your activated operating
    system license (you need to upgrade 1 or 2 things at a time, and then more a few months later, etc.) If you upgrade the motherboard, then you automatically lose the activated license for the installed operating system.

If you buy a Microsoft operating system at retail price from Microsoft or at a retail store, then you 'own' the disk it came on. You also have a license to install that operating system on one computer. You can uninstall it from that computer and then install
    it on another computer. Your full retail license allows that.

The Windows 10 upgrade is for computers that are running Windows 7 and Windows 8. Windows 10 will use the activated license and product KEY for the existing operating system to validate your license to install and use Windows 10. We all have a year from
    July 29, 2015 to upgrade.

You still have almost a full year to decide to upgrade your Windows 7 or Windows 8 computer. I do not know definitively that you can reinstall it during this one year period if you already had it installed and then 'rolled back' to your previous operating
    system. I would guess that yes, you can install it again at any point during the one year grace period that Microsoft has established, but
    I do not know that for a fact. I have read that, once you install Windows 10, you have 30 days to 'roll back' to your previous operating system if you decide to do so. After the 30-day 'roll back' grace period has elapsed, you stay with Windows

Please, if anyone knows the answer about uninstalling Windows 10 during the 30-day 'roll back' grace period and then installing it again during the one year upgrade grace period, please post. Also, if any thing I have said is not correct, please correct.
    Thanks.

vanonbay, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade?

Brink, Nov 21, 2015
Thema:

If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade?

1. If rolled back to Seven from 10 do you still get nagged to upgrade? - Similar Threads - rolled Seven still

2. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this from happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  3. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this form happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  4. Why is this display driver still rolling back?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is this display driver still rolling back?: So far I have done these suggested fixes to stop this form happening:Shut off "Receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows"Used "wushowhide.diagcab" to hide the updateEnabled "Do not include drivers with Windows Update" in Group PolicyAdded...
  5. Can you go back to windows 11 in the future if you roll back to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you go back to windows 11 in the future if you roll back to windows 10?: So, I have recently undated to windows 11 and have not been a fan so I have gone back to windows 10 08/08/23. Now I'm wondering can I still go back to windows 11 in the future or not? I have tried researching it and has come up with both answers some with yes and some with,...
  6. Can you go back to windows 11 in the future if you roll back to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you go back to windows 11 in the future if you roll back to windows 10?: So, I have recently undated to windows 11 and have not been a fan so I have gone back to windows 10 08/08/23. Now I'm wondering can I still go back to windows 11 in the future or not? I have tried researching it and has come up with both answers some with yes and some with,...
  7. roll back

roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  8. How do you roll back a driver to the date it worked correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do you roll back a driver to the date it worked correctly: How do I roll bag at drivers date in which it worked correctly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-roll-back-a-driver-to-the-date-it/d2594f65-a19e-4b8f-ac09-aeb40d5f9f5a
  9. Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10

Can you still do a free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10: Is it still possible to free upgrade from win 8.1 to win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-still-do-a-free-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win/95e02322-1f43-499b-b5eb-9530382bae11
  10. back to seven

back to seven: Sons computer, dell desktop, has been left really unstable because of windows 10 updates It has been over 30 days Is there any way to put it back to seven other than taking to a shop his laptop also objected to windows 10, it is also a dell, that went into a reboot loop...