Windows 10: If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...

Discus and support If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This standard message is a logical impossibility. If the best driver is installed, there are no better drivers available through Windows Update or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fastauntie, Sep 28, 2020.

1. If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...

This standard message is a logical impossibility. If the best driver is installed, there are no better drivers available through Windows Update or the manufacturer's site or anywhere else. If there are better drivers, then the best driver is not already installed. Understanding basic logic like this would seem to me to be a prerequisite for working with computers. The only explanation I can think of is that "the best driver is already installed" is being used in some weird technical way that does not mean what it would seem to mean to a normal person. I have never understood this and have searched every way I can think of for some explanation on line but found nothing.

So what's the story? Does "the best" really not mean "the best one that exists anywhere", but only "the best of the several different drivers for this device that are already on your computer"? If that is the case, the messages should all be updated to say that in so many words. If it means something else, what in the world does it mean?

:)

fastauntie, Sep 28, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

When trying to install the device drivers manually it says "Windows Was unable to install your Unknown Device.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Which driver are you trying to install?

• Did you make any changes prior to this issue?

• Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step1: Run hardware and device troubleshoot.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

And also check with your manufacturer web site for the drivers.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 28, 2020
  3. PnP device audio driver don't install

Hi Matheus,

To better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Did you receive any error message when you install the driver?
    • Have you tried checking the updated driver in the manufacturer's website?
    In the meantime, we suggest you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click Troubleshooting.
    • On the pop-up window, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Device, click Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to run the troubleshooter.
    We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

Kenneth Mon, Sep 28, 2020
  4. CJCerny Win User

If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...

Laptop driver/reformat question

This is excellent advice. Writing down the list of installed devices prior to re-formatting will save you a lot of heartache. With that list, you won't have to try to figure out exactly which wireless card or web cam driver you need since there will likely be several to choose from.

CJCerny, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There...

1. If "the best driver for this device is already installed" why does message also say "There... - Similar Threads - best driver device

2. Why does my computer say no audio device is installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer say no audio device is installed: All of a sudden my no audio device is installed. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-say-no-audio-device-is/c5af5a04-a21a-4308-8c06-9ad3cb61fc1c
  3. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  4. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The best drivers for your device are already installed: Hello! I am trying to install the drivers for a Epilog Mini laser engraver. It's an older machine from 2012, but online it has updated drivers for Windows 10 which I am using for the installation. They come with instructions on how to install the drivers, that goes like...
  5. The best drivers for your device are already installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Can't Install Latest OEM Disk Drivers - "The best drivers for your device are already...

Can't Install Latest OEM Disk Drivers - "The best drivers for your device are already...: When I try to update the drivers for my Adaptec Array SCSI Disk Device, Windows tells me,"The best drivers for your device are already installed." But that isn't correct because the currently installed drivers are Microsoft's, dated 6/21/2006, whereas the Adaptec drivers I'm...
  7. The best drivers for your device are already installed (Windows 10).

The best drivers for your device are already installed (Windows 10).: Windows 10: Version: 2004 Build: 19041.508 Bit: x64 When I search for an update for any driver, Windows instantly tells me I have the best drivers installed when I do not. I had this issue ages back, but the issue was with me being connected to the wrong wifi. It's not...
  8. Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed

in Windows 10 News
    Windows has determined that the best driver for this device is already installed: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows Update installs drivers which fit the best. However, they are not accurate every time. It is possible that an OEM driver or software can be better than what Microsoft has to offer. If you receive Windows has determined that [...] This post Windows...
  9. USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed

USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed: USB isnt connecting,and i cannot update USB drivers,it says best driver is already installed.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-isnt-connectingand-i-cannot-update-usb/5fc60f9b-380f-4ac5-9b83-3a868a5f1485
  10. " The best drivers for your device are already installed"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    " The best drivers for your device are already installed": Hey guys i have a problem that i cant find a solution to. I have a TP-LINK Wireless adapter, the model is a TP-WN823N When I inserted it into my pc, windows 10 Pro installed its own drivers for my adapter and I cant install the manufactures own drivers It keeps on...