Windows 10: If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?

Discus and support If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 HP laptop stopped booting up this morning. If my bot loader is corrupted, what can I do to fix my laptop?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrew Holroyd-Sills, Nov 24, 2018.

1. If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?

My Windows 10 HP laptop stopped booting up this morning. If my bot loader is corrupted, what can I do to fix my laptop?

:)

Andrew Holroyd-Sills, Nov 24, 2018
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

How do I remove the Linux Boot Loader?

You don't actually uninstall a boot loader but replace it with another.

You cannot get Ubuntu to start on a Windows' boot loader, it needs to be GRUB (or an open source equivalent).

Any ways, to get the Windows' boot loader back up, you need to insert your WIN7 installer disk and select the repair option>startup repair. I am assuming the WIN7 will use a similar setup menu as VISTA.

Follow the guide here for step by step intructions: http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Vista+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

After that, just format the partition/disk that ubuntu is on...

3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Nov 24, 2018
  4. MilkyWay Win User

If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?

issues with Boot Loader

esaay bcd has a repair boot loader and other boot loader options, its saved me back when i removed my second hard drive

MilkyWay, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS?

1. If the boot loader is corrupted, how can I repair my Windows 10 OS? - Similar Threads - boot loader corrupted

2. How can I repair my corrupted Windows 11 partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I repair my corrupted Windows 11 partition?: Hi. My SSD with Windows 11 got corrupted and wont boot. When trying to repair using Windows repair media I get an error "disk is currently write protected". I have data on this disk that is not backed up yet, I don't mind reinstalling Windows but I would like to back up my...
  3. How can I repair my corrupted Windows 11 partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I repair my corrupted Windows 11 partition?: Hi. My SSD with Windows 11 got corrupted and wont boot. When trying to repair using Windows repair media I get an error "disk is currently write protected". I have data on this disk that is not backed up yet, I don't mind reinstalling Windows but I would like to back up my...
  4. How can I check to see if my Windows 10 OS might be corrupt?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I check to see if my Windows 10 OS might be corrupt?: I'm having trouble with a PC that will not connect to the internet. I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting tips. None have got the computer to connect to the internet.So, I found the HDD that I removed form the computer in 11/2018. It still had the Windows 7 operating...
  5. How can I check to see if my Windows 10 OS might be corrupt?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I check to see if my Windows 10 OS might be corrupt?: I'm having trouble with a PC that will not connect to the internet. I have tried all sorts of troubleshooting tips. None have got the computer to connect to the internet.So, I found the HDD that I removed form the computer in 11/2018. It still had the Windows 7 operating...
  6. How can I check to see if my Windows 10 OS might be corrupt?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data...: An update has corrupted/erased the boot loader and the win 10 OS folder is now a zero data file and most system files are now in found.003. help please?This is a friends PC that must have ran an update without them knowing and has now essentially flattened the OS folder and...
  8. what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?

in Windows 10 Support
    what's involved in the Win 10 boot loader repair ?: I have a Windows XP/ Win 10 dual boot system, and I've also just moved to a replacement motherboard. The Win 10 handled the different motherboard in it's stride (except for activaton issue, but that's another story) The Windows XP *seems* like it is OK, but I'm getting...
  9. Possible Boot Loader Corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible Boot Loader Corruption: I have a Dual Boot Windows 10 Desktop (or did have) with one hard drive. The primary partition is Windows 10 - 1 (C) and the scondary partiton is Windows 10 - 2 (E). I booted normally this morning and ran disk cleaning and defrag software which is normal. Earlier I...
  10. Can somebody help me on how to reconfigure boot loader in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can somebody help me on how to reconfigure boot loader in Windows 10?: I have windows 10 and I accidentally deleted my efi partition. And that prevents my computer to start because there is no boot manager. I know that there is no boot manager because when I entered bios configuration there are only 2 boot options available, the hard drive and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 corrupted linux boot loader

2. linux corrupted my bootloder for windows

3. repair corrupt windows 10 boot loader

4. boot loader corrupted by virus win 10