Windows 10: If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

Discus and support If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; By getting to know a device through extended use, I got the impression that using the Sleep module over a period of time, there will be required on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shifterworker880004, Mar 5, 2022.

1. If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

By getting to know a device through extended use, I got the impression that using the Sleep module over a period of time, there will be required on completing a cycle that the Master Boot Record needs to be fixed by means of the bootrec/fixmbr.Of course this may apply to respective conditions of a single device, or be more common than rare.The same also is surmised to happen after having used the Reset button over a period of time on completing a cycle. Which in turn can be the same as when the power supply is cut unexpectedly.On many occasions Recovery can offer a pathway to CommandPrompt,

:)

shifterworker880004, Mar 5, 2022

2. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 5, 2022
  3. How to extend the time so that the computer doesn't go to sleep mode.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Press Windows + X keys, select Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • Select Change Plan settings under the preferred plan
      which you have selected.
    • Under Put the Computer to Sleep, select the time
      to extend or Select Never to keep the PC active.
    • Click Save Changes and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 5, 2022
  4. David Haz Win User

If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

Getting out of sleep

Hi,

For us to further isolate the issue you are experiencing, kindly respond to the following questions:

• Does your device automatically returns to sleep after a short period of time?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to the issue?
    We suggest that you check if the Allow wake timers setting is enabled. To check if it is enabled, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button, then type power options.
    • Click Power Options from the results.
    • On the Power Options windows, click Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Expand the Sleep category.
    • Expand Allow wake timers.
    • Change the desired setting.

We look forward for an update from you.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 5, 2022
Thema:

If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

1. If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or... - Similar Threads - Sleep module results

2. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  3. Extended display use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extended display use: Hello there ! i wish to extend my laptop screen with a 75 inch screen, where I want that in laptop i can use windows white board, a word file and a pdf while the external display only shows whiteboard.When it tried to do this, i am unable to see white board on both, it is...
  4. If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...: By getting to know a device through extended use, I got the impression that using the Sleep module over a period of time, there will be required on completing a cycle that the Master Boot Record needs to be fixed by means of the bootrec/fixmbr.Of course this may apply to...
  5. If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If the Sleep module results to a symptom, is it not ambiguous whether it is extended use or...: By getting to know a device through extended use, I got the impression that using the Sleep module over a period of time, there will be required on completing a cycle that the Master Boot Record needs to be fixed by means of the bootrec/fixmbr.Of course this may apply to...
  6. Whether Sleep nor Hibernate work properly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whether Sleep nor Hibernate work properly: Hey Guys, my laptop cannot go to sleep because when it goes to sleep and i try to wake it again, i only see the dell logo stuck and i have to force restart my XPS 13. If i use hibernate it goes to hibernate but if i try to turn my laptop on again there’s only a bluescreen......
  7. When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    When using Extend monitor, the monitor extended is going to sleep: I need some assistance. I have a new Acer monitor that I hooked to my X1 Carbon Lenovo laptop. When I am in duplicate monitor mode everything works great. However when I put the computer in extend mode, I am having issues. The monitor extends as expected, but if I do not...
  8. Understanding different memtest86 results with same memory modules

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Understanding different memtest86 results with same memory modules: Hi, First of all, I'm sorry in case this is not the right forum. I thought "general" was the best fit because the one with bsods requieres other information. I've had this PC since 2012 and never had a problem. I had 2 memory sticks same brand same speed (1333), 2gb each....
  9. How to disable extended menu on search result?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable extended menu on search result?: I just installed newest windows 10 (1809) then i found there's extended menu on search result and making the box is too large (and i didn't really like it), which is i didn't see it on my previous up to date windows. [img] [img] How do i make the search box result...
  10. System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Interrupts - Problem or Symptom?: See if anyone has ideas on this... My Windows 10 Home (1803) has been experiencing download problems. I pretty much always use Chrome. Sometimes the download will complete without a hitch. Other times the whole system will grind to a halt - even task manager is slow to...