Windows 10: If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?

Discus and support If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Catch-22 problem. YES! I have Administrator access! Questions are in RED. OK, orange it is! Sheesh. Not allowed RED!!!! Preamble: Like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shaela, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Shaela Win User

If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?

I have a Catch-22 problem. YES! I have Administrator access! Questions are in RED. OK, orange it is! Sheesh. Not allowed RED!!!!

Preamble: Like millions of others, I arrived home to fine my 7 shanghaied to 10. With so much grief, I resorted to using my Vista box but the Internet is holding my Internet access hostage unless I upgrade(????) or in my case, start the Win 10 box.

1. This is a problem that came after the unauthorized downgrade from 7 to 10.

When I click the Start button (upgraded to "The Windows icon"), nothing happens. It is a white icon. When I mouseover, it turns a cold blue.

If I right-click the Start/Window icon I get the generic list of last-used programs software scripts apps.

System Restore results in one option - Create a Recovery drive, or Restore. There is NO "Restore point" It failed during the alleged "upgrade" to 10. So I'm left with one option - to create a Recovery drive. But when I click that,

1. Click "Create Recovery drive",
    2. Check box is checked for "Back up system files to the recovery drive". Clicked Next.
    3. RESULT: "
      "We can't create the recovery drive"
      "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive".

No error code! No hints. Nothing else. Just a "problem".

There is another message/LINK that states "If you're having problems with your PC, go to Settings and try resetting it".
    I click that, and nothing happens. Do I have to go somewhere and pay to make the icon open?

Questions about that last item:

1. Contrary to the link statement, I have no "problems" with my PC. Windows 10 has a problem! But has no clue as to what it is. How do I find out what the error problem is?
    2. When I click on the link to get to Settings to 'reset it' - nothing happens. Is it a pay-per-fix - where do I pay?
    3. In Control Panel > System and Security, the option is to "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" Note, it says "7" not the uninvited, unauthorized downgrade to 10! And, clicking that takes me back full circle.
      Is it because Microsoft installed 10 over 7 that it cannot Backup and do a system recovery?

I can't reinstall Win 10, because it says Win 7, and the System says this is the uninvited unauthorized Win 10.

System shows there are no Devices problems- but that doesn't mean there are none - it's just not showing any. Is there a dependable trustworthy place to look and see WHY "A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive"?

If you are just another *AI with a generic response - please - go ask a human and get it right the first time - thanks.

S

* AI = Artificial Idiot by GiGo

:)

Shaela, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Jimmy6 Win User

Windows error 8024402F Fix?

You can fix this problem easily please follow the steps which is using in this video "youtu.be/TXW64QDpGoI"

Jimmy6, Nov 19, 2018
  3. AMD stepping is it fixed?

the stepping is fixed its built in to the cpu is like a revision on a chip....i think you mean multiplyer?

Athlon2K15, Nov 19, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Booting/Fixing Windows 10 Disk.

The easiest/most reliable way to fix Windows boot problems has historically been Macrium Reflect's Fix Windows start problems utility. Probably the easiest way to make it is to make a bootable USB flash drive or DVD of Kyhi's recovery tools:
    Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Boot into his recovery tools, run Macrium Reflect, under the restore menu will be the utility to fix Windows start problems. You will get a list of Windows installations that it finds then in the next step you will get a list of bootable partitions available for Macrium Reflect to fix.

You can also install Macrium Reflect free - but the fix Windows start utility is only available when you actually boot the computer from a Macrium Reflect rescue drive with Windows PE:
    Macrium Reflect Free

NavyLCDR, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix? - Similar Threads - START fix fix

2. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix start up problems?: I recently reset my laptop acer aspire 3 and now when I try to log in it says “The user profile service failed the sign-in” and I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone help?...
  3. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix start up problems?: I recently reset my laptop acer aspire 3 and now when I try to log in it says “The user profile service failed the sign-in” and I have no idea how to fix it. Could someone help?...
  4. How do I fix start up problems?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix these start menu icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these start menu icons?: [ATTACH] I've changed the color in Settings so many times but these three (the two Onenotes and Skype) keep the black background. Any idea? https://preview.redd.it/9taqrq098qe51.jpg?width=698&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=643a394b620c94298b94aa2ce9fcfe6fcb58041e submitted by...
  6. How do I fix

How do I fix: How do I fix no internet connection on start but after a restart everything is just fine? submitted by /u/Dzhanel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hv8n3t/how_do_i_fix/
  7. How do I fix this?

How do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_------HD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv9by4/how_do_i_fix_this/
  8. How do I fix this?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I fix this?: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-this/1b03497e-5d31-415b-bb3a-4cae4267cb64
  9. How do i fix this

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do i fix this: Hi How do i fix this [img] [img] Build 1904erer44QQQ 149835
  10. How do I fix this?

How do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheGreenFreak_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/et5n1e/how_do_i_fix_this/