Windows 10: If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending?

Discus and support If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Well the title says it. Windows 10 tablet. Looks like it has downloaded 1909 successfully and is installing it as I type. I see there is a 2020-02... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jackdashack, Apr 18, 2020.

1. If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending?

Well the title says it.

Windows 10 tablet. Looks like it has downloaded 1909 successfully and is installing it as I type. I see there is a 2020-02 Cumulative Update Pending. Would downloading this 1908 update undo settings that the 1909 version has worked?

Thanks so much! jack ":-}

:)

jackdashack, Apr 18, 2020
  2. JudiCecee Win User

problem updating from vers 1809 to 1909

I've tried updating my version of windows 10, a few times actually. Most recently I got error code 0x80070157 but I can't find any info on it and don't know why I'm having so much trouble. Another time I couldn't update because I had my updates set to
    auto and it wouldn't update because another update was in progress. It seems odd to me that an update for vers 1909 would process when I have 1809. I would think the first step would be to see if there was a match instead of waiting to the to say oh we're
    different I can't proceed. A kinda cart before the horse scenario. Anyway suggestions would be appreciated.

JudiCecee, Apr 18, 2020
  3. deving Win User
    User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Apr 18, 2020
  4. If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending?

ver 1909 mediapack

where can i download windows mediapack for windows 10 pro ver 1909??

Mephistogan, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending?

1. If ver. 1909 is present should I reject an 1908 update pending? - Similar Threads - ver 1909 present

2. Still on Ver 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still on Ver 1909: My Windows 10 is still on 1909 i have tried dozens of times to install 20H2 but every time i do the mouse will not work and i have to navigate using the arrow keys. Device manager is empty void of all drivers and all Microsoft could offer was " buy another mouse" No drivers...
  3. Still on Ver 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Still on Ver 1909: My Windows 10 is still on 1909 i have tried dozens of times to install 20H2 but every time i do the mouse will not work and i have to navigate using the arrow keys. Device manager is empty void of all drivers and all Microsoft could offer was " buy another mouse" No drivers...
  4. Win20 ver 1909

Win20 ver 1909: Win ver 1909 is gone may2011 have never received a version update since. I see there is a new ver in October have not received any notice. Issue is I see there was a version between these 2. Can I just go to the latest version or need install the one between these two?...
  5. Windows update to ver. 1909

Windows update to ver. 1909: [ATTACH]Is it safe if I click "download and install now"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-to-ver-1909/fb0480dd-bf24-4236-b35b-6b00ff68dff7
  6. Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 not updating automatically pending download

Windows 10 Pro ver 1909 not updating automatically pending download: Hello, I have had issues with Windows 10 not updating automatically. All updates get stuck as "pending downloads". For over 1 year, I have been manually downloading all updates via MS Catalog update site. Please help. I have also completed full Windows 10 installs etc...
  7. If ver.1909 is present should I not allow a 1908 Cumulative pending?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If ver.1909 is present should I not allow a 1908 Cumulative pending?: Windows 10 tablet. Looks like it has downloaded 1909 successfully and is installing it as I type. I see there is a 2020-02 Cumulative Update Pending for 1908. Would downloading this 1908 update undo settings that the 1909 version has worked? Thanks so much! jack ":-} 154577
  8. Should I update to 1909?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I update to 1909?: I have all these cumulative updates that all fail for some reason. Something about corrupted system files. Would updating Windows to 1909 be alright to do? submitted by /u/WHO_JERKED_ME_OFF [link] [comments]...
  9. should I update to 1909?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    should I update to 1909?: So, with all the klishmaclaver about the 1909 update I though I would see what version I was rtunning. Turns out I am still at 1903. I am a new convert to win 10 and had this idea that windows would automatically update itself. But apparently not. I see that 1909 is...
  10. Installation: Upgrade of custom. Plus should I 1909 ver?

Installation: Upgrade of custom. Plus should I 1909 ver?: I'm installing (Pro 64b) but have my W10 HDD from old system in the new build. Thinking it would overwrite (I have a backup). I think a "fresh install" is best, but it is asking if I want to 'Upgrade' or 'Custom' install. Says Upgrade will copy my files, appls, etc. It would...