Windows 10: If Windows 10 gets corrupted...

Discus and support If Windows 10 gets corrupted... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installing Windows 10 was too much for my autistic messed up brain... so I had to pay someone to do it for me. And now, after the deadline for getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Mag00, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Mr Mag00 Win User

If Windows 10 gets corrupted...

Installing Windows 10 was too much for my autistic messed up brain... so I had to pay someone to do it for me. And now, after the deadline for getting Win 10 for free has passed, I realize that I don't think he gave me a copy of the new OS in case it needs to be installed again. If the computer won't boot, how do I recover without Win 10 on one of my external drives?

I don't wanna be mean to him and assume that he left me high 'n' dry. Can somebody explain things to me here?

If I had an ISO of Win 10 on my USB, would that enable me to recover by booting to that drive?

Thanx in advance for any help! *Smile

:)

Mr Mag00, Aug 10, 2016
  2. Ian Sal Win User

Windows 10 Mobile Randomly Gets Corrupted After Upgrade

Hi Vortex,

The app version you have installed presently may not be updated to suit the current updated Windows OS build. Check from Windows Store if there are any available updates for these apps or you can install them back.

Let us know how it works.

Regards.

Ian Sal, Aug 10, 2016
  3. Vortex3D Win User
    Windows 10 Mobile Randomly Gets Corrupted After Upgrade

I have several Lumia640 phones. The phones that I upgraded to Windows10Mobile since a year ago, after Windows10Mobile update, it often caused some app (very random which app) to become corrupted.

After Windows10Mobile corrupted some of my Lumia phones,I become very paranoid and kept extra phone in older Windows10Mobile with older rs build.

Today, I upgraded another phone to current Win10Mobile build and immediately it caused several apps to become corrupted.

Doesn't Microsoft do very much testing on each Windows10Mobile release each build or or release each build out the door with very little testing? Or Microsoft expects the user to do factory reset each time when there is a new Windows10Mobile upgrade on the
    phone?

Note: Since last year, I have factory reset my phone several times but after Windows10Mobile upgrade corrupted on my phones. But after a few upgrade later, the newer build often corrupt something on the phone.

If anyone have encounter their Windows10Mobile randomly becomes corrupted after upgrade, is there any workaround than factory reset the phone each time?

Vortex3D, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Mooly Win User

Once Ten has been installed and successfully activated then you should be able to re-install Ten at any time in the future, and with no worries over license keys. Microsoft have linked your PC and your license on their servers.

An ISO would allow you to boot and reinstall etc but its the last resort because you have to set everything up from scratch. Most convenient option is to make a disk image of your system as it stands now, and store that image either on a plug in drive or on a separate partition on your existing drive. You can then restore everything back to the instant you made the backup.

Whatever the quirks of Windows own built in utility, it does work and you need install nothing to use it.

System Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Mooly, Aug 10, 2016
  5. dalchina New Member
    The easiest approach is to burn the iso to a DVD. That gives you a bootable disk with very limited recovery options.
    (Creating a bootable USB drive requires using a program called Rufus).

Disk imaging to an external storage medium is the recommended procedure.
    Macrium Reflect (free) + its bootable medium + external storage.

If you don't have disk images on external storage, you could well be faced with a clean install.
    Think 'what happens when my disk fails?'

With images you can restore to a new disk.

dalchina, Aug 10, 2016
  6. The Easiest method is to use Microsoft Media creation tool.
    Windows 10
    Just run the tool plug a USB and sit back relax.

manish9009, Aug 10, 2016
  7. bobkn Win User
    It would be convenient to have a bootable USB drive or DVD with the Win 10 installer on it. For one thing, there are some (limited) repair options that you can access by booting to the installer.

The Windows 10 .ISO is available for free download. Maybe the person who ran the upgrade for you will provide you a copy for free (or cheap).

bobkn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. If Windows 10 gets corrupted... - Similar Threads - gets corrupted

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...
  7. Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....

Any picture I take with PRT SC or Snip, it gets corrupted after a few hours or a few days....: Every time I take a prt sc or snip for my school work or games, after a few hours or days, I will find out that it has been corrupted. It says "Sorry, Photos can't open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or this file is corrupted". This is also the same...
  8. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  9. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  10. Getting documents out of a corrupted C: from X:

Getting documents out of a corrupted C: from X:: I want to access my C: drive on a corrupted laptop to recover my documents but there are a couple of problems I'm hitting.**The troubles:** - C: is not a recognized file system- the laptop is locked in repair mode- there are no backups of the system- repair cmd opens from...