Windows 10: If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

Discus and support If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/davidse7en [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/davidse7en, May 28, 2020.

1. If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

/u/davidse7en, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media... 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, May 28, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 28, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media... [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 28, 2020
Thema:

If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media...

1. If Windows Update and/or Upgrade Assistant doesn't help you, try upgrading with Media... - Similar Threads - Update Upgrade Assistant

2. Cannot upgrade past 1809. Upgrade Assistant Gives error 0x800704c7 when trying to upgrade...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade past 1809. Upgrade Assistant Gives error 0x800704c7 when trying to upgrade...: My PC always fails upgrading to the latest version of Windows 10. It gave me the message that support for 1809 is ending soon so I tried to force an upgrade using the upgrade advisor. It fails with 0x800704c7. Setup error log is as follows: 2020-07-01 15:07:46, Error...
  3. Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?

Feature upgrades using Upgrade Assistant?: Next time if I need to upgrade to the next Windows 10 feature upgrade using Upgrade Assistant and selecting the option to remove all my personal files and settings, will this option also remove all my Group Policy settings? Or is this option for only personal customizations...
  4. Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant: Hello. I'm trying to update to the latest version of Windows 10 with the Windows 10 Update Assistant. It have been downloaded like three times now, in any time I can downloaded all. This last time it still running and is stuck in 99% for the third day now. I NEED to get the...
  5. windows 10 upgrade assistant

windows 10 upgrade assistant: why does windows 10 upgrade assistant lock up my computer? it seems the only way to get my computer running again is to switch off power supply, sometimes have to even remove battery and then replace it....
  6. problem with upgrade assistant

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    problem with upgrade assistant: Just a simple question. I would not mind updating but that particular Windows installation started as a Windows-to-go installation on a USB hard disk. I wanted to have a "live Windows installation" (as opposed to a live CD) with many tools for service. I then decided the disk...
  7. ten upgrade assistance

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ten upgrade assistance: Does my Ten need to have Upgrade Assistance after update was installed? 80802
  8. upgrade media

in Windows 10 Support
    upgrade media: Just purchased a new HP and windows 10 would like to buy the upgrade to pro. I went to the windows store but cannot find anything under search is there a secret way to get to it? shipinomore 47333
  9. It doesn't upgrade

It doesn't upgrade: Since I can't actually upgrade from an activated and working Win 7 I suppose I'll stick with Win 7, I've tried several times. Microsoft should have stuck with XP which worked great. They have made this so ridiculously hard I'm surprised any "regular" users have been able to...
  10. windows 10 upgrade assistant.

windows 10 upgrade assistant.: Is there need to keep the windows 10 upgrade assistant? Can one now delete it? Had a rather large upgrade yesterday winver >>>>1607 14393 187 Many thanks once again. 63763