Windows 10: If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

Discus and support If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It has taken me four days to solve the disappearing "File Explorer" issue in Windows 10, with absolutely NO HELP from Windows or Microsoft! If your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sstarr1969, Feb 4, 2017.

1. If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

It has taken me four days to solve the disappearing "File Explorer" issue in Windows 10, with absolutely NO HELP from Windows or Microsoft! If your files have suddenly disappeared and file explorer icon does nothing except makes your screen blink and come back....PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING STEPS:

- Left click "Window" (Start) icon
    - Left click "Settings" icon (Left side/middle icon)
    - Window settings pop-up box; Left click "Update & Security"
    - Scroll down to & click on "For developers"
    - On the right side, scroll down to "Windows Explorer;" go to "Change settings to show hidden and system files; click on "Show settings"
    - "File Explorer Options" pop-up box; under "Files & Folders"- make the first five boxes are checked, if not click the box; "Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives"- make sure the circle that reads, "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" is active, if not click on the circle.
    - Put "Check marks" in the following boxes (click on empty box to do this): "Launch folder windows in a separate process, "Restore previous folder windows at logon," and "Show drive letters"
    - Under "Navigation pane" - make sure all three boxes are checked.
    - Click "APPLY," then click "OK," Exit out of pop-up box.
    - Under the "Windows Explorer" section, make sure all the boxes have check marks, then click "APPLY"
    - Exit out and "Restart" your computer!
    These last four days have been a nightmare...I have "REFRESHED, RESET, ETC," but nothing worked until now!! I hope this reaches anyone who is having the same issues!!!*Wink

:)

sstarr1969, Feb 4, 2017

2. Read my post if you are having a problem with the lock Screen

This is the fix that I found for my wonderful OS windows 10.I really try to do things the easy way but,windows 10 dosen't let me so Here I Am telling anyone With Lock Screen Issues to look for MY Post on the last page of the comments on Answers.microsoft.com

Patricia315, Feb 4, 2017
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Feb 4, 2017
  4. mvesseur Win User

If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

Fantastic! Solved my problem with the everlasting "Working on it" file explorer that would not show the drives. The drives did not appear in the drive manager either, but after your adaptations everything is back. What a piece of crap this Windows 10 is. Unbelievable!

mvesseur, Feb 24, 2017
  5. Hi mvesseur! I am so glad I could help you, as well as myself! I am not a computer savvy person, but I am learning!!! Also, you are correct....Windows 10, as of now, SUCKS!! Take care!!!*Smile

sstarr1969, Feb 25, 2017
  6. It may not be all of those settings, but maybe only 1. I have not had your problem and I have 5 settings not set. Its not all of them. It would be interesting to determine which one or more that actually cause the problem. If I get some time later I'll try to figure it out.

storageman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ!

1. If you are having issues with "FILE EXPLORER" in WINDOWS 10...READ! - Similar Threads - are having issues

2. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  3. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer issues in Windows 10: I just started having trouble today with my file explorer. I scan in files as a pdf. I then rename them while viewing them in the preview pane. I can no longer see the file in the preview pane after they have been renamed. Screen shot attached....
  4. File explorer issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. An issue with file explorer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An issue with file explorer in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey, guys, I keep facing this issue where the name of the file change to random characters. like this And I keep seeing that the file is encrypted (which i did not do).......
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 File Explorer Issues: Hi, I have been having problems with my file explorer for a while now, however I have just noticed it recently. Let me explain the "symptoms" that I am having: 1 When I double-click the File Explorer icon in an attempt to open it, my screen turns black for a split second,...
  7. Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.

Windows Explorer sometimes issues a read for offline files.: On Windows 10 Desktop Enterprise edition, if we refresh Windows explorer couple of times for folders with offline files, randomly a read is issued. Because of the read action, the offline files are getting downloaded. The expected behaviour is Windows explorer should...
  8. Windows 10 read only file issue

Windows 10 read only file issue: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. I am now having a problem saving PDF documents which I download from the web. My files are "read only". I cannot scan in a PDF any more since the folder that it would scan to is "read only." I have tried changing the files...
  9. I have an issue with my File Explorer

I have an issue with my File Explorer: Hello, I am currently using an ASUS Vivobook S510U, with specs of i5-8th gen, 150MX, 256gb ssd, 1tb hdd and 8gb ram(expanded). In my harddisk, there is a file where I keep all my downloaded movies which is about 295 gb, when there is 565gb out of 931gb of storage free in my...
  10. windows 10 file explorer issue

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 file explorer issue: I have one small issue. I was using win 7 and got upgraded to win 10 and everything was working fine. I have been using win 10 since August or September 2015. recently the location of the file explorer changed from the left side to the right side and I am not able...