Windows 10: If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method

Discus and support If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method in Cortana to solve the problem; Please follow these steps carefully: 1. Press windows Key + R 2. Type ' c:/windows\system32\ctfmon.exe' into the pop-up box. 3. Press OK.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by roshan_budhu, Apr 5, 2021.

1. If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method

Please follow these steps carefully:

1. Press windows Key + R

2. Type ' c:/windows\system32\ctfmon.exe' into the pop-up box.

3. Press OK.

With those simple steps, your Search Bar should start to work again.

Thank You

[COLOR=rgba215, 57, 0, 1]Roshan Budhu[/COLOR]

:)

roshan_budhu, Apr 5, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method

1. If you guys are having trouble typing in your search bar, Please try this Method - Similar Threads - guys are having

2. I can't type in the windows search bar and I've tried multiple different methods to solve...

in Cortana
    I can't type in the windows search bar and I've tried multiple different methods to solve...: I cannot type anything into the windows search bar. I have restarted the windows explorer task. I have my computer up to date. I have re-indexed. I have messed around with ctfmon. I don't know what else to do...
  3. I can't type in the windows search bar and I've tried multiple different methods to solve...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't type in the windows search bar and I've tried multiple different methods to solve...: I cannot type anything into the windows search bar. I have restarted the windows explorer task. I have my computer up to date. I have re-indexed. I have messed around with ctfmon. I don't know what else to do...
  4. I can't type in the windows search bar and I've tried multiple different methods to solve...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar: I have tried different keyboards, mouse, touch screen, fresh install of windows and problem persists. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-dots-when-trying-to-type-into-search/60e9425e-15da-4ec2-9077-58289ab7bdcf
  6. Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar

Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar: I have tried different keyboards, mouse, touch screen, fresh install of windows and problem persists. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-dots-when-trying-to-type-into-search/60e9425e-15da-4ec2-9077-58289ab7bdcf
  7. You guys are a joke with your updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    You guys are a joke with your updates: I just had to reset my computer cause of your updates made my computer not sleep as typical windows i just got done getting everything where i want it heres a stupid windows lets **** everything up the screen wont shut off again since i got a windows again literally all i do...
  8. You guys are a joke with your updates

You guys are a joke with your updates: I just had to reset my computer cause of your updates made my computer not sleep as typical windows i just got done getting everything where i want it heres a stupid windows lets **** everything up the screen wont shut off again since i got a windows again literally all i do...
  9. Trying to do a repair disc, have a question for you guys...

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to do a repair disc, have a question for you guys...: I just got a new laptop, and I had to buy an external dvd-rw, as the laptop didn't come with one. My laptop is windows 10 home, but the dvd-rw says it only supports windows 7 burn. For other operating system, please download the "burn software" before apply this burning...
  10. Unable to type on windows search Bar. I haved tried all methods that are given here.Just...

in Cortana
    Unable to type on windows search Bar. I haved tried all methods that are given here.Just...: Unable to type on windows search Bar. I haved tried all methods that are given here.Just after updating thw windows to 2004 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-type-on-windows-search-bar-i-haved-tried/dc740ffe-17e5-4ed4-a14c-6141172d8436