Windows 10: If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one

Discus and support If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Today, I set the wrong thing and Window doesn't allow me to use PIN, so I must use password to log in. However, it shows me that I use wrong password.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phongmanus Budsayaprateep, Oct 30, 2020.

1. If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one

Today, I set the wrong thing and Window doesn't allow me to use PIN, so I must use password to log in. However, it shows me that I use wrong password. I use my phone to reset the password in Window account, but the new one is still unusable. I don't know how to do anymore, so I tried to recognize every password which I use in the past of all account and one of them work... The old password work!

Even, I'm happy that it's work, but still upset about the time that I waste for solving this nonsense problem.

I don't know why, but this seems to be a big bug for Window10 which should use the same password as e-mail or other service of Microsoft.

:)

Phongmanus Budsayaprateep, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Password of windows 10 changed to older one

Hi Sedorikku,

If you are using a Microsoft account as your sign-in credentials, the changes that you are making on your Microsoft account information will be synced to your Windows 10 device. If you changed the password for your Microsoft account, the changes will also
    be applied to your computer.

Automatically changing the password is one of the limitations of Microsoft account. Here in Microsoft, we value the data and information security of our customer. Because of this, we highly suggest that you reset your account's password. It will be best
    if you'll enable the two-step verification on your account for additional account security. You can use these links as a reference:

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

If you think this was useful, you may "Mark it as an Answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Darleen Pen, Oct 30, 2020
  4. If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one

OK, Password problem...Mint

Linux Mint - Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one

1. If you have a problem with Window password, try to use older one - Similar Threads - problem Window password

2. One Cloud Password problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One Cloud Password problem: I was instructed to change my Apple ID password to receive certain services. After doing so, a One Cloud screen has appeared on my laptop asking me to sign in. When I sign in using my new password, One Cloud does not accept my new password. I have changed the password a few...
  3. One Cloud Password problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Cloud Password problem: I was instructed to change my Apple ID password to receive certain services. After doing so, a One Cloud screen has appeared on my laptop asking me to sign in. When I sign in using my new password, One Cloud does not accept my new password. I have changed the password a few...
  4. One Cloud Password problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one

Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one: Hello, I have several HDD's containing the Win10 files. I now have a new HDD and would like to Transfer one of my older Win10 file systems to it if possible. 1. How large should a Flash drive been to transfer the files?2. Is it possible to check the Product ID to confirm it...
  6. Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one: Hello, I have several HDD's containing the Win10 files. I now have a new HDD and would like to Transfer one of my older Win10 file systems to it if possible. 1. How large should a Flash drive been to transfer the files?2. Is it possible to check the Product ID to confirm it...
  7. Have Win10 on older HDDs - need to move one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. To Change Password, You Have to Have One and I Don't

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Change Password, You Have to Have One and I Don't: When I got my PC several years ago, I installed Windows 10 but asked a Microsoft Tech to make the settings so that I didn't have to sign in to my own own PC. But often, when my PC boots up, it requires a Windows 10 password before I can use my PC. As I do not have a password,...
  9. Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows 10 on an older Used computer: Hello all, I recently purchased an older HP EliteDesk 800 G1 from my place of work. The hard drive was, of course, wiped so its a complete blank slate. My daily driver is a Mac Laptop (no judging, its getting me through college). I created a windows boot drive on a Sandisk...
  10. Password to an older computer

Password to an older computer: I have a desktop I would like to use that is about 5 years old, originally used windows 7 but then upgraded to windows 10 two years ago. I have not used it in two years. When I hooked it up, it connected to the internet but needs a password to gain access to the operating...