Windows 10: If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a...

Discus and support If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StoryAndAHalf [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StoryAndAHalf, Jun 26, 2021.

1. If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a...

/u/StoryAndAHalf, Jun 26, 2021
  2. sygnus21 Win User

Infineon TPM Modules generating insecure RSA Keys

FYI...

I get emails for updates for my Lenovo ThinkPad notebook. That said, I got one this morning alerting me that some Lenovo notebooks using Infineon TPM modules are generating insecure RSA keys - RSA Keys Generated by Infineon TPMs are Insecure

Anyway, the link above lists affected notebooks; how to check your module; how get the firmware update. You can tell the updater to check the firmware before updating. Turns out I have a STMicro module, not an Infineon so I'm good....

If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a... [​IMG]

For those running TMP modules, you can check the model and version by typing "tpm.msc" (without quotes) in the Run command. In the center panel, near bottom you should see TPM Manufacturer Information. It should list Manufacturer Name, Manufacturer Version, and Specification Version. Infineon modules will be listed as IFX under Manufacturer Name.

Edit: Asked Brink to post in News forums. Done.

sygnus21, Jun 26, 2021
  3. Initialisation of the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) failed

I'm not finding any specific issues on Win 10 1909, but ironically, there are a couple of known TPM issues on 2004.

If you do upgrade to 2004, I would suggest installing the currently available Cumulative Update Preview KB457144.

From the list of fixes there are 2 TPM related issues addressed:

1) Addresses an issue that causes communication with the TPM to time out and fail.

2) Addresses an issue that prevents hash signing from working correctly when using the Microsoft Platform Crypto Provider for Trusted Platform Modules (TPM). This issue might also affect networking software, such as virtual private network (VPN) applications.

Resources:

KB4571744 release notes:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4571744

You can download the preview release here:

https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...px?q=kb4571744

EDIT: If you prefer, you can also download that preview cumulative update by going into the updates section of settings and choosing the option called "View optional updates".

If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a... [​IMG]

hsehestedt, Jun 26, 2021
  4. If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a...

trusted platform module (tpm)

Today i disabled tpm in bios and get rid of it .

Is tpm related to windows version .

Earlier i was running windows home . It was preinstalled on laptop. I upgraded to windows 10 pro. And tpm issues started .windows is not able to reinitialize it get it to working condition . Also i was not able to enable windows sandbox . When i disable
    tpm in bios windows sandbox installed in no time. It was tpm which preventing it from getting installed . I think tpm is more useful for device manufacturer than the user because you can not change hardware or install other version of windows with tpm enabled.
    Or if we reinstall windows ( some other version ) or upgrade with out clearing tpm it cause problems . I just disabled it and now everything working fine. I gone through a lot of trouble to correct tpm issues . I called dell also they told system out of warranty.
    And they can not do any thing.

Also they said you have upgraded windows and it came preinstalled with windows 10 home so they cant furthur assit on this device. They suggest me to visit dell service centre for paid services .

But still my concern is can tpm issues resolved after all this by going to dell service centre . Or is it necessary to enable tpm in system in bios

Also i have tried reinstalling windows 10 image from dell website but no effect. Then i came to know that reinstalling can not resolve issue .

AJAYTHAKUR3, Jun 26, 2021
Thema:

If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a...

1. If you’re running into TPM module issue, check your BIOS, it may be hidden deep and under a... - Similar Threads - you’re running TPM

2. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  3. No TPM module is detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No TPM module is detected: Hello!!I am attempting to reinstall Windows 11 however I am told that I do not have TMP 2.0. To bypass that I have created the registry edit that should bypass that. That did not work. Then I checked in my BIOS to see if TPM is enabled however in the BIOS I am told that no...
  4. Trusted Platform Module TPM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trusted Platform Module TPM: Hello, I have a TPM in my system which is for hardware security i want to know that am i gonna lose all of my data if at all the TPM Chip fails.. pls advice on thisThanks...
  5. TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TPM Module for Gigabyte Motherboard: My 2012 Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H motherboard has a 20 pin TPM slot as shown below. Gigabyte advise the slot is for a v1.0 TPM module. It's unclear whether I need a bespoke Gigabyte TPM module or whether any 20 pin v1.0 TPM will work. I don't plan to use Bitlocker. In that case,...
  6. Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker issue on PC without TPM module: recently upgraded from Window 10 home (HP OEM ) to Pro on a desktop. tried turning on Bitlocker for the first time on C: and saved the recovery key on a seperate USB and on microsoft account. choose full disk encryption and rebooted the system for the first time. realized,...
  7. trusted platform module (tpm)

trusted platform module (tpm): windows defender is showing error msgunder security processor troubleshooting can't get tpm information please contact your system contact you device manufacturer. please help me on this . I am unable to use tpm functions in tpm.msc module. how to get it back....
  8. What is Trusted Platform Module? How to check if you have TPM chip?

in Windows 10 News
    What is Trusted Platform Module? How to check if you have TPM chip?: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ever wondered which devices support Windows Hello, Fingerprint verification, and critical biometric data – and where they store that data? Storing this data on your computer or phone can be risky. This is where TPM or Trusted Platform Module comes [...] This...
  9. TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue

TPM Trusted Platform Module Issue: After updating to windows 10 version 1803 this comes up after I log in. A configuration change was requested to clean this computers TPM( trusted platform module). Warning clearing erases information started on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access data...
  10. Trusted Platform Module (TPM)

in Windows 10 Support
    Trusted Platform Module (TPM): I just installed windows 10-1511 on my pc en it works perfect.Verry happy with it. But soon there will be come the anniversary update of windows 10.My motherboard supports TPM 1.0 but not TPM 2.0. For the anniversary update you need TPM 2.0.Does this mean that my computer...