Windows 10: Ignore 'case' of input when comparing

Discus and support Ignore 'case' of input when comparing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a batch where i have to test a variable against a two letter user input and i need it to proceed regardless of the "Case" if the letter as long... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by questorfla, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Ignore 'case' of input when comparing

I have a batch where i have to test a variable against a two letter user input and i need it to proceed regardless of the "Case" if the letter as long as they match
    if %var" = the input of aa or AA or even aA I need the comparison to ignore the 'case' of the letters, I thought this was done with a /I but I am to tired to look further and I must be doing it wrong. Past my bedtime

Thanks

:)

questorfla, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Fat32 Win User
    TightVNC server, running on Windows 10 ignores mouse and keyboard inputs from TightVNC viewer, running on Windows 8.1

The Setup:

• TightVNC server (v 2.8.8) running on Windows 10, with admin rights.
    • TightVNC viewer (v 2.8.8) running on Windows 8.1 with admin rights.
    • Firewall's are configured to enable local and shared network connections.
    • Server runs in password protection mode and enables mouse inputs.
    • Both computers are connected via the local DHCP server (using home wi-fi of the ADSL modem indeed)

The Status:

• The viewer successfully connects to the server.
    • Client windows opens, and shows the host desktop (it's live view).
    • Mouse cursor moves.

The Problem:

• But all clicks and keyboard inputs are ignored; i.e., no interaction as if it was View Only mode, but it isn't.

Weirdo Stuff

• At first it was working ok; but then suddenly no more interaction ?
    • By suitable means (viewing network activity) I can see that mouse clicks are actually transmitted to the server side computer but somehow ignored by (who?) ?

Any suggestions are appreciated, as I've possibly come to the end of trial and error approach...

Fat32, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Ignore 'case' of input when comparing

Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Ignore 'case' of input when comparing

1. Ignore 'case' of input when comparing - Similar Threads - Ignore 'case' input

2. Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment: I am currently in the process of deciding between Windows and Linux for a new project within my organization. While I am familiar with both OSes to an extent, I have traditionally been more inclined towards Windows. This is primarily due to its user-friendly interface and...
  3. Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Comparing Performance and Use Cases for Windows and Linux in a Business Environment: I am currently in the process of deciding between Windows and Linux for a new project within my organization. While I am familiar with both OSes to an extent, I have traditionally been more inclined towards Windows. This is primarily due to its user-friendly interface and...
  4. Ignore or not?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Ignore or not?: Hi again. if I ever run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter it often finds "Crashing apps not fixed". If I run it again after a few minutes all OK like the attachment below! A little misleading but I assume everything is OK! I also run the link I have attached so unsure if I...
  5. Ignore or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ignore or not?: Hi again. if I ever run the Microsoft Store Troubleshooter it often finds "Crashing apps not fixed". If I run it again after a few minutes all OK like the attachment below! A little misleading but I assume everything is OK! I also run the link I have attached so unsure if I...
  6. ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working: Hello everybody! Since yesterday my touch display isn't ignoring touch input when I use my pen. That makes it impossible to write or draw clearly, because I can't rest my hand on the screen anymore. I'm totally lost. The setting is checked, but doesn't work anyway. Any help...
  7. IGNORE!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IGNORE!: IGNORE! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ignore/6f852dd0-9348-463e-908c-647921fb46b7
  8. Ignore this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ignore this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/josevictoriah [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/io2d93/ignore_this/
  9. 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....: Hi guys, I have a Surface Pro 10 which I'm trying to use with Krita so I can draw. However, I'm using a stylus that isn't an 'official' piece of windows kit. I check the 'ignore touch input when i'm using my pen' in my settings, but the screen still recognises my hand...
  10. Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Ignore Touch Input when using Pen in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 device has a pen or another type of stylus, you can customize what your pen does and how it works with your...