Windows 10: 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....

Discus and support 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work.... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have a Surface Pro 10 which I'm trying to use with Krita so I can draw. However, I'm using a stylus that isn't an 'official' piece of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/shreddiebrock, Jul 15, 2020.

1. 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....

Hi guys,

I have a Surface Pro 10 which I'm trying to use with Krita so I can draw.

However, I'm using a stylus that isn't an 'official' piece of windows kit. I check the 'ignore touch input when i'm using my pen' in my settings, but the screen still recognises my hand when I lean on the screen.

Do I need to be using the surface pen to prevent this or is this normal?

submitted by /u/shreddiebrock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/shreddiebrock, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Touch screen on surface pro

Hello Brady,

The Surface Pro may have encountered a driver conflict or a hardware issue. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps given on these articles to see if there will be any changes:

Please get back to us.

Xylee Del, Jul 15, 2020
  3. Touch Screen problem with Surface Pro 3

See if it works in UEFI mode this could determine if it s hardware or windows issue

1. Select the Start button, and then select Power > Shut down.
    2. When Surface is off, press and hold the volume up button and press the power button until a Microsoft or Surface logo appears onscreen.
    3. Once you are in UEFI, touch your Surface screen and see if it responds normally. Try to navigate in UEFI by tapping various menu items. Then, depending on how your Surface responds to touch, follow one of these steps:
    • If touch does not work on your Surface, your touchscreen most likely experienced a hardware failure. Go to

Device service and repair
      to initiate a service order for your Surface. If you want to work with a Surface Support Advocate,

contact us

DiamondFounders, Jul 15, 2020
  4. 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....

[Surface Pro 4] Touch screen and Pen not working

Hi,

I bought my Surface Pro 4, i5, 3 days ago, and yesterday this happened twice, the first time I had the keyboard connected and that worked, but no touch screen and no pen input...

I shut down the Surface and pushed the power button, nothing happened, did a Force Restart and it worked, everything back to normal.

A few hours later it happened again, no touch screen, no pen input, decided to close the lid/keyboard and today when I opened it it works...

Is there a fix for this? Or a reason why it's happening, so I can avoid it...

FilipeSSantos, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work....

1. 'Ignore touch input' on my Surface Pro doesn't work.... - Similar Threads - 'Ignore touch input'

2. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK: New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have double checked and logged into on another device. Nor will it accept my alias account it says "That username looks like it...
  3. NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NEW SURFACE PRO 8 DOESN'T WORK: New surface pro 8, completes first 2 setup questions but then changes language to German and won't accept my Microsoft account login, which I have double checked and logged into on another device. Nor will it accept my alias account it says "That username looks like it...
  4. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  5. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored: Neither the option to turn off the screen nor the screen saver are working.I have a portable Uperfect touch screen connected via USB-C thunderbold to a NUC11PAHi5 desktop.I have Logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard.After several minutes without touching the mouse and the...
  6. Touch screen doesn't turn off settings ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working

in Windows 10 Support
    ignore touch input when I'm using my pen is not working: Hello everybody! Since yesterday my touch display isn't ignoring touch input when I use my pen. That makes it impossible to write or draw clearly, because I can't rest my hand on the screen anymore. I'm totally lost. The setting is checked, but doesn't work anyway. Any help...
  8. "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" doesn't seem to work. Pen issue or Windows issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen" doesn't seem to work. Pen issue or Windows issue...: I'm attempting to use a Bamboo Ink pen with my ASUS Q536f, running Windows 10. The pen works fine (connects via Bluetooth, writes fine, all features work as expected). The only annoyance I've had is my hand accidentally touching the screen and causing issues while I...
  9. Slingplayer doesn't work on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slingplayer doesn't work on Surface Pro 4: My Slingplayer no longer works on my Surface Pro 4. I've ensured I have all windows updates and am using the latest version (updated multiple times to make sure) of both the web player and desktop player but cannot get slingplayer to work. I've seen previous posts advising...
  10. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update: Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center. Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on...