Windows 10: Ignore updates?

Discus and support Ignore updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Looking back I've spent many dozens of hours dealing with update problems over the years & now with the latest one failing I'm wondering: On a Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by FrankS, Jun 13, 2019.

1. FrankS Win User

Ignore updates?

Looking back I've spent many dozens of hours dealing with update problems over the years & now with the latest one failing I'm wondering: On a Windows 10 Home box, can I just ignore these blasted updates all together & get on with my life?

:)

FrankS, Jun 13, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Ignore updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 13, 2019
  3. gmopro Win User
    Power Settings Ignored by Lenovo Yoga 400 laptop

• Did you make any changes to your computer? I dont know.. what kind of changes are you talking about. I only added software.. like Norton Security and a few free MSFT apps.
    • Which Build are you currently in? I dont know..probably the latest one. How do i determine "the build"?? I always update windows and pretty sure this is up to date here.
    • Which troubleshooting steps did you try? Tried everything that was suggested,..power troubleshooter, update graphics card, set power settings to default, and other things.. nothing worked. Has been a problem for many months.
      How do i do this clean boot? I will need instructions for these things..step by step. i am tired of this machine ignoring the power settings. Need this fixed.

gmopro, Jun 13, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Ignore updates?

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

Ignore updates?

1. Ignore updates? - Similar Threads - Ignore updates

2. DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update: Hi, my DAC / AMP from ASUS, brand: Xonar essence 3 , always fails to be detected by windows 11 after an update. And it is getting harder and harder to get it to work again. I have of course searched the internet gets loads of other people having the same issue. So first...
  3. DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DAC / AMP USB-device is ignored by windows 11 after every update: Hi, my DAC / AMP from ASUS, brand: Xonar essence 3 , always fails to be detected by windows 11 after an update. And it is getting harder and harder to get it to work again. I have of course searched the internet gets loads of other people having the same issue. So first...
  4. Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.: Windows 11 is ignoring the Pause Updates feature and installing updates that require restarts, and automatically restarting while the update feature is paused. I pause for 1 week at a time and check for updates manually every Tuesday. To head off the 'you can't postpone...
  5. Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.

Windows 11 update ignoring paused updates, causing data loss on overnight tasks.: Windows 11 is ignoring the Pause Updates feature and installing updates that require restarts, and automatically restarting while the update feature is paused. I pause for 1 week at a time and check for updates manually every Tuesday. To head off the 'you can't postpone...
  6. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  7. Windows Update ignores Group Policies

Windows Update ignores Group Policies: This has also been added to the Feedback Hub but for some reason the issues surrounding forced driver updates seem to persist as there seems to be zero effort to make AMD driver updates optional. What makes this even worse is that even with the GPO "Do not include drivers...
  8. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  9. Windows Update ignoring group policy

Windows Update ignoring group policy: Hi fellow techs,We have Group Policy configured with automatic updates set to "disabled". Despite that, our machines are randomly installing cumulative updates, devices drivers, and even upgrading to Windows 11 without consent. Every machine we check post-update has a...
  10. Windows Update ignoring group policy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade