Windows 10: Igpu

Discus and support Igpu in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I wonder if my system has built in GPU since my mainboard has hdmi and dvi ports ? I can't find any infos or driver for it. 176487 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by teots, Mar 24, 2021.

1. teots Win User

Igpu

I wonder if my system has built in GPU since my mainboard has hdmi and dvi ports ? I can't find
    any infos or driver for it.

:)

teots, Mar 24, 2021

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Mar 24, 2021
  3. MaartinS4 Win User
    System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

Found the solution myself.

Did 3 steps so either of these fixed it.

1. Reseated RAM
    2. Noticed the IGPU memory settings were accessible while having PEG enabled ('Enabled IGPU, boot up, shutdown, Disabled IGPU, now all iGPU mentions were gone from BIOS) -->Monitors now show the BIOS splashscreen again aswell
    3. Bootorder was on UEFI and legacy--> Put it on UEFI only.
    After 1 (of more of these steps) all issues were gone, including the weird Vista boot animation.

Considering that System settings were accessible in safe mode my bet would be that the 'glitched' setting for the GPU's caused Settings to be misbehaving.

MaartinS4, Mar 24, 2021
  4. Helmut Win User

Igpu

DWM spikes in iGPU Usage (Dell)

"it is window sizing and rendering a game that makes it spike in GPU Usage"

That is normal, nothing is wrong. The whole point of having a iGPU or GPU is that it is used when required.

Obviously the more complex the Window that is resized will mean a greater spike.

Most games are designed for Nvidia or AMD graphics chipsets rather than iGPUs. The minimum requirements are usually listed for those, however in almost all cases an iGPU can be used with no problem other than a reduced performance.

It does not matter about the version of your driver.

Helmut, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

Igpu

1. Igpu - Similar Threads - Igpu

2. 2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...: sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf2.2GB hardware reserved memory.I have a ROG Strix G15RM R7-6800H + onboard Radeon 680M / RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / 16GB DDR5 4800, and at first, after setting it up for the first time, the same 2.2GB was reserved. But after tinkering with it for a while, it reduced...
  3. 2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2.2GB hardware reserved memory after reinstalling the Nvidia GPU driver iGPU + dGPU not...: sdfsdfsdfsdfsdf2.2GB hardware reserved memory.I have a ROG Strix G15RM R7-6800H + onboard Radeon 680M / RTX 3060 Laptop GPU / 16GB DDR5 4800, and at first, after setting it up for the first time, the same 2.2GB was reserved. But after tinkering with it for a while, it reduced...
  4. GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.: Specs at the bottomEdit: My PC is about 40 days old, this problem has been occurring for the past 30.My GPU turns off randomly while gaming or simply browsingmostly while gaming, while the rest of the PC keeps on running. The monitor shows 'No signal'. The power button also...
  5. GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.

GPU turning off randomly, PC on iGPU running fine.: Specs at the bottomEdit: My PC is about 40 days old, this problem has been occurring for the past 30.My GPU turns off randomly while gaming or simply browsingmostly while gaming, while the rest of the PC keeps on running. The monitor shows 'No signal'. The power button also...
  6. Windows crashes whenever heavy load is consistently placed on AMD IGPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows crashes whenever heavy load is consistently placed on AMD IGPU: I spent the past few days trying to fix this issue, and to no avail. There is nothing wrong with my memory, there should be nothing wrong with my dGPU, and I don't think there's anything wrong with my SSD. I've narrowed it down to my CPU. However, when I disable my CPU's...
  7. Windows crashes whenever heavy load is consistently placed on AMD IGPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashes whenever heavy load is consistently placed on AMD IGPU: I spent the past few days trying to fix this issue, and to no avail. There is nothing wrong with my memory, there should be nothing wrong with my dGPU, and I don't think there's anything wrong with my SSD. I've narrowed it down to my CPU. However, when I disable my CPU's...
  8. Windows crashes whenever heavy load is consistently placed on AMD IGPU

9. Mouse stuttering after laptop auto switches back to igpu

Mouse stuttering after laptop auto switches back to igpu: Hello! A couple days ago, I bought a Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X with a Ryzen 9 6900HS and an RTX 3050 Laptop GPU running on Windows 11 Home. I play Valorant from time to time and when I launch the game, Nvidia Control Panel notifies me that the laptop is switching to the discrete...
  10. Mouse stuttering after laptop auto switches back to igpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stuttering after laptop auto switches back to igpu: Hello! A couple days ago, I bought a Lenovo Slim 7 Pro X with a Ryzen 9 6900HS and an RTX 3050 Laptop GPU running on Windows 11 Home. I play Valorant from time to time and when I launch the game, Nvidia Control Panel notifies me that the laptop is switching to the discrete...