Windows 10: IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc

Discus and support IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I built my web server 15 years ago and it ran pretty much maintenance free until a power outage on Saturday killed the motherboard. I've since bought a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by M A Weiss, Nov 22, 2021.

1. M A Weiss Win User

IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc

I built my web server 15 years ago and it ran pretty much maintenance free until a power outage on Saturday killed the motherboard. I've since bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed. Now I'm trying to replicate my web server, but I'm running into several issues. The present issue is that I cannot install PHP and FastCGI. I installed the Web Platform Installer and followed Microsoft instructions to get the PHP and CGI, however, when I download and install them, the following errors appear: "We're sorry, the following products have failed to install" followed by a long list of items, th

:)

M A Weiss, Nov 22, 2021

2. PHP Manager for IIS on Windows 10

I have an AMD Fx-4100, Nvidia gtx 660, 8gb ddr 3. I love windows 10 but I'm a web developer. I've used IIS 8 on windows server 2012 r2 several times, php manager works fine. it does appear that php manager is incompatable with windows 10. Unfortunately I
    think me and a lot of other webapp developers won't be able to use windows 10 until this is resived. It's a crying shame.

if I try to use the web platform component installer it just tells me it failed. if I try to download it and install it php manager says it needs IIS 7 or higher.

in a seperate line of inquiry, why have you made it so difficult to design unsigned drivers, innovative people like to think outside of the box and your stomping my creativity by making the system so idiot proof that a person who knows what he's doing can't
    get in and customize things or create things.

ChrisFoote, Nov 22, 2021
  3. Jizzler Win User
    Using Web Platform Installer 2.0

A mini-review of Microsoft's latest all-in-one web package installer...

For a few years now I've been working mostly with Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP (LAMP), but at a previous position we ran IIS6. Configuration wasn't always straight forward and some PHP modules weren't available in Windows, among other problems. Lets see how it's progressed since then.

First, I created a 2 CPU/2GB VM for Windows Web Server 2008 R2 for it to be installed on. The situation should be similar for the other platforms supported. Requirements, supported platforms, and the installer can be found here.

Started from a completely fresh install. Didn't assign the Web Server Role (Programs/Features in Vista/7, Add/Remove Programs in XP) to see how much Web PI would handle on it's own. After starting the application, I even skipped choosing any of the Web Platform choices instead selecting a single Web Application package: Gallery.

IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc [​IMG]

Excellent! Dependencies selected.

Oh! Simultaneous download and installation? Someone at MS finally woke up and said Hey! Let's actually utilize the power of the common PC *Wink IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc ;)

Site configuration, as well as database creation.

Success! Configuration of the package proceeds normally.

Note: For packages such as Gallery and Drupal that require a database, make sure to write down the database/user/password that you used during site configuration as Web PI simply adds the database and user to the server, but you will still need to provide this information during package configuration.

I didn't see phpMyAdmin in the list for those who would like get their hands dirty in the bits, but that's ok, I would recommend Navicat anyway.

In the end, not bad. Plenty of popular packages are provided for people who just want to get up and running, but even if you just want the installation of PHP/MySQL on a Windows machine, Web PI will save you time as well. Even creates a shortcut for php.ini configuration. Awwwee cute.

Jizzler, Nov 22, 2021
  4. UCOBEAR Win User

Running PHP codes on my Windows 10 Home platform.

I would like to run PHP codes on my Windows 10 Home platform. I have installed MS Visual Studio Community 2015. Do I need IIS to run PHP codes? I research and it is not clear what to do next. I use PHP at other server (not mine) alot. I d like to
    practice PHP at home.

UCOBEAR, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

1. IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc - Similar Threads - IIS Web Platform

2. Adding PHP to Windows Server 2022 IIS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding PHP to Windows Server 2022 IIS 10: Is there a technical reference or known good file to allow PHP to run on Windows Server 2022 IIS 10 ?I had no issues years ago with the Windows 2012 R2. I understand that Microsoft may have pulled support for PHP, but is there any other way to get this software to allow PHP...
  3. Web Platform Installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web Platform Installer: Hi All,I am not able to see any product or application to install from web platform installer on my windows server 2016 .Can some one help .I need to install PHP Manager ....
  4. Web Platform Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Platform Installer: Hi All,I am not able to see any product or application to install from web platform installer on my windows server 2016 .Can some one help .I need to install PHP Manager ....
  5. IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc

IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc: I built my web server 15 years ago and it ran pretty much maintenance free until a power outage on Saturday killed the motherboard. I've since bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed. Now I'm trying to replicate my web server, but I'm running into several issues. The...
  6. IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IIS 10: Web Platform Installer Fails to Install PHP, etc: I built my web server 15 years ago and it ran pretty much maintenance free until a power outage on Saturday killed the motherboard. I've since bought a new PC with Windows 10 Pro installed. Now I'm trying to replicate my web server, but I'm running into several issues. The...
  7. Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module...

Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module...: When I click on Web Platform Installer in Internet Informational Services it always says Another instance of the Web Platform Installer or Web Platform Installer IIS Manager module is already running. How do I fix this?...
  8. Microsoft Web Platform Installer - Service Bus 1.1 installer failing

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Web Platform Installer - Service Bus 1.1 installer failing: Hi Microsoft team, I am trying to install "Windows Azure Pack: Service Bus 1.1" using the Microsoft Web Platform Installer. But it is failing with 404 error for Windows Fabric RTM. Please could you help me solving this issue. Regards, Bhuwan...
  9. PHP configuration in IIS

in Windows 10 Customization
    PHP configuration in IIS: Hello Everyone, I am totally new in IIS server but i successfully install the IIS server and view in the browser but when i try with PHP file it's not working then i install php 5.3.28 and php manager for IIS but it's not working in my laptop. I have also gone through the...
  10. IIS Install Fails Windows 10.0.10586

IIS Install Fails Windows 10.0.10586: First, I want to start out by saying these type of post are something that I tend to never do, but after a week and a half I am out of Ideas. I just recently upgraded to the latest build of Windows 10 (10586). In Order to complete the upgrade, I had to remove all...