Windows 10: IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config

Discus and support IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I Installed IIS on my Win10 machine. I build websites for custumers and I attribute each a specific port. My Router let it pass by but I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoelCote1, Nov 14, 2018.

1. JoelCote1 Win User

IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config

Hello!

I Installed IIS on my Win10 machine. I build websites for custumers and I attribute each a specific port.

My Router let it pass by but I can't figure out on how configure windows firewall.

Please Help!

Joel

***moved on english forum****

:)

JoelCote1, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Handler Win User

Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled

Hello!

I'm puzzled. If I turn off windows firewall I can hit the FTP server from the WAN fine and even from the LAN. Turn the firewall back on and that port is blocked! When I installed IIS for the FTP server I added (ticked the boxes) for FTP Server in the firewall.

The $64,000 question is this; why is the firewall being a pest?

Thanks!

Update: I added my own inbound rule for ports 20-21. I can connect via the WAN but the LAN says it's blocked. What am I missing????

Handler, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Win10 and XP firewall settings

I have a bunch of XP (SP3) PC s as information terminals, which I occasionally use to access a Win10 PC. When I did this in Win7 I had to configure the firewall to allow unusual ports above 16536 (afair) on the XP PCs, which was documented on the answers.
    I ve found a reference to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...mputers-running-different-versions-of-Windows

which I believe had the details, but that s no longer accessible.

Does anyone have a copy, or the port settings required for Win10?

Thanks,

L

Lewis Carol, Nov 14, 2018
  4. IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config

Opening specific ports in Windows 10 Firewall

Hi Don,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Have you connected your computer to domain network?

I suggest you to disable the Firewall wait for 1 hour and check whether the ports are opened automatically or not, please do let us know with the result.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config

1. IIs on Win10 unusual ports firewall config - Similar Threads - IIs Win10 unusual

2. file history will not run. "unusual condition encountered" with CONFIG file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file history will not run. "unusual condition encountered" with CONFIG file: Windows 10Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\JohnB\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\ConfigFile History will not do a back up of my files....
  3. file history will not run. "unusual condition encountered" with CONFIG file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file history will not run. "unusual condition encountered" with CONFIG file: Windows 10Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration C:\Users\JohnB\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\FileHistory\Configuration\ConfigFile History will not do a back up of my files....
  4. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  5. Windows firewall and ports

Windows firewall and ports: Dear allI have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports1.How do I best close Ports in Windows?With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules?2.Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated?Or does it get activated when the App requests it?3.League of Legends...
  6. Manage Ports in Windows Firewall

Manage Ports in Windows Firewall: how can i close all open ports in my pc? [Original Title: firewall] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manage-ports-in-windows-firewall/96a90867-3c24-4f58-9f4e-05887178a5c7
  7. Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Port-forwarding only works with disabled Firewall: Hello everyone, im having the same issue since months. It works on my RPI, but not on W10. Port-forwarding is enabled on my router. The required firewall rules are created and activated. The only way i can make the port-forwarding work is by disabling the whole firewall. The...
  8. Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking port forwards regardless of rules: I cannot port forward to host a server, everything was working fine about a month ago but I never hosted anything between that time and now its broken. I installed Kaspersky within that time period and I think that might have something to do with it but its completely...
  9. Win10-Unusual configuration of Login Window Setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10-Unusual configuration of Login Window Setting: Hi there need advice regarding an unusual configuration & function of one of my Desktop Computer running Win 10 Version 1903 Normally there is an empty/ blank white rectangular slot where you type your Window PIN/Password to open Window? In my system there is an extra grey...
  10. Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled

Firewall blocking port 21 even though IIS FTP server is enabled: Hello! I'm puzzled. If I turn off windows firewall I can hit the FTP server from the WAN fine and even from the LAN. Turn the firewall back on and that port is blocked! When I installed IIS for the FTP server I added (ticked the boxes) for FTP Server in the firewall....