Windows 10: IIS10 Directory Sorting

Discus and support IIS10 Directory Sorting in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have IIS10 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise to use as a simple file share for media and music.The problem I have is that when I browse to my server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tazmius, May 10, 2022.

1. Tazmius Win User

IIS10 Directory Sorting

I have IIS10 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise to use as a simple file share for media and music.The problem I have is that when I browse to my server from a broswer or a media app, the directories don't sort correctly.The directories are named alpha numeric, for exampleTV show 1 > Season 1 thru Season 25From a browser they sort asSeason 1Season 10Season 11Season 2Season 20Season 21etcInstead of Season 1Season 2Season 3Season 10Season 20How do I make IIS sort the directories in the correct numeric order?Thanks!

:)

Tazmius, May 10, 2022
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, May 10, 2022
  3. Directory Size Utility

New! Directory Size Utility BETA v1.1

New features!
    • New button icons!
    • New Total selected directory size!
    • Made the Exit button text bigger!
    Download here

Mindweaver, May 10, 2022
  4. IIS10 Directory Sorting

Directory Size Utility

Is that the one for download in the original post? You should list the version up for download. *Toast :toast:

stinger608, May 10, 2022
Thema:

IIS10 Directory Sorting

1. IIS10 Directory Sorting - Similar Threads - IIS10 Directory Sorting

2. File sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  3. File sorting

in Cortana
    File sorting: I have a folder on a drive that has multiple sub-folders. I want to search the entire folder including sub-folders and sort the results individual files in a particular order date, size, file type, etc..How can I do that?...
  4. IIS10 Directory Sorting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IIS10 Directory Sorting: I have IIS10 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise to use as a simple file share for media and music.The problem I have is that when I browse to my server from a broswer or a media app, the directories don't sort correctly.The directories are named alpha numeric, for exampleTV...
  5. IIS10 Directory Sorting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IIS10 Directory Sorting: I have IIS10 installed on Windows 10 Enterprise to use as a simple file share for media and music.The problem I have is that when I browse to my server from a broswer or a media app, the directories don't sort correctly.The directories are named alpha numeric, for exampleTV...
  6. Explorer.exe crashes when attempting to sort picture directory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe crashes when attempting to sort picture directory: Hello, I recently reset my HP Laptop 2000 Series with 8GB with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home 20H2. I chose the option to download Windows from the cloud to try to avoid any local problems. I have copied all of my files back onto the laptop but I am experiencing crashes...
  7. AJAX Call Response StatusText Returns Empty with HTTPS URI in IIS10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AJAX Call Response StatusText Returns Empty with HTTPS URI in IIS10: Hi Recently my desktop got upgraded to Windows 10 which comes with IIS 10 webserver. I hosted my .NET web application in IIS10 server and tested my application using HTTPS URI I experienced AJAX response failure warning alert message in many workflows in the application...
  8. File explorer sort all folders/directories the same

File explorer sort all folders/directories the same: All i want to do is to sort all directories across windows 10 the same as a directory I have already sorted the way I want all of them to look like. In other words i have manually sorted a directory the way i want all of them across my computer to look like. Seems like I've...
  9. Windows Directory folder sorting / generation

Windows Directory folder sorting / generation: Dear Community, My problem is very specific. When searching and displaying 3000 folders in Windows 10 File explorer, or Saving Microsoft 360 Word / Excel docs to that same directory on my NAS network drive - the time it takes for this is too long. Admittedly yes it is a NAS...
  10. Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can sorting be turned OFF in File Explorer on Selected Directories?: Yes, I read the Tutorial and read it again several times. However, what I do not see is how to leave everything alone in a default details view, and select a directory, and its sub directory in Icon view to NOT sort. My wife has a directory that she is using for shortcuts,...