Windows 10: Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.

Discus and support Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, Recently my friend had bought a set of 2 new monitors (both Iiyama Black Hawk G2730HSU-B1) because his previous monitor had died. He has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uri de Vries, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.

Hey all,

Recently my friend had bought a set of 2 new monitors (both Iiyama Black Hawk G2730HSU-B1) because his previous monitor had died. He has a MSI P55-GD65 (MS-7585) motherboard, and a NVidia GTX 1050TI graphics card.

The issue currently is as the title says; He finds one of his screens (his primary) screen is turning off and back on, flickering black. We've did some double-checking on the cables, switching the monitors, but even when the monitors were swapped, the OTHER monitor then turned black and back, so we can be sure that this isn't a monitor problem. (by this point, we've also updated the drivers for his Graphics card, in case that is of any issue.)

The curious part is that I have had the very same issue with the very same monitors too. I also had a MSI motherboard - but a different model - and I also had that my SECONDARY screen was often turning black and normal. Less frequent than my friend's and an actually much longer 'black time', but it's the exact same observation.

My issue got randomly fixed when we did some heavy maintenance on my PC, we also had replaced the Motherboard to an ASRock instead as it had fabrication issues on other aspects. But that magically fixed it, and I want to be sure if nothin else is at blame before pointing at the MSI Board to swap it for another.

:)

Uri de Vries, Jul 20, 2019
  2. WRAllen Win User

Black screen /Monitor

Windows 10 update for 11/14/ made my monitor screen darker than usual when it comes on and that is for about 30 seconds at a time then it goes black. I have to keep turning the monitor off and on; the computer stays on the entire time. I tried setting
    the system back to an earlier time and other suggestions on your page but nothing works.

WRAllen, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Screen turns black, system "hybernating"

Turned it on - after almost an entire day without touching it - and worked for 3 hours before the same screen black, system hibernating happened again.

Checked the temperature throughout and the cores registered at max 56 and 50.

Suggestions?

trail_of_fiends, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.

Black screen after turning monitor off and on

Hello all

I have a desktop PC, running windows 10

video card NVIDIA GTX 750Ti driver 364.72 (newest)

Dual Monitor :

BENQ connected with Digital Port
    HP connected with DVI

Problem:

if I switch the BENQ monitor off, when I turn it on again it displays a black screen and there is NO WAY to have the screen back. The PC seem to be still working but no mouse or keyboard action can return the screen to normal operation, It stays black

Note: as I switch the Benq monitor off, the screen on HP monitor goes BLACK

Thanks for your help

Kind regards

Alex

Trainstopper, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour.

1. Iiyama monitor - Screen turns black for a short moment, then back normal, 2-5 times an hour. - Similar Threads - Iiyama monitor Screen

2. Is a hold time for over an hour normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is a hold time for over an hour normal?: I'm having a windows activation problem. I had to call in because the troubleshooting tool is useless. I have a legit key. I called in and was told my key is legit and that i needed to be transferred to perform remote login work. I dont know why. I'm perfectly capable of this...
  3. Is a hold time for over an hour normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is a hold time for over an hour normal?: I'm having a windows activation problem. I had to call in because the troubleshooting tool is useless. I have a legit key. I called in and was told my key is legit and that i needed to be transferred to perform remote login work. I dont know why. I'm perfectly capable of this...
  4. Windows 11 upgrade causes monitor screen to go black for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 upgrade causes monitor screen to go black for short periods of time: I have an HP IntelR CoreTM i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz computer that is 3 years old and came with Windows 10. After a year I upgraded online to the free Windows 11 upgrade offered by Microsoft. Since then, my computer screen has gone black occasionally at least 3x a day...
  5. Windows 11 upgrade causes monitor screen to go black for short periods of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 upgrade causes monitor screen to go black for short periods of time: I have an HP IntelR CoreTM i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz computer that is 3 years old and came with Windows 10. After a year I upgraded online to the free Windows 11 upgrade offered by Microsoft. Since then, my computer screen has gone black occasionally at least 3x a day...
  6. Setting brightness on iiyama monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Setting brightness on iiyama monitor: I have a new iiyama prolite B2283HS monitor. I wish to reduce the brightness as it is far too high. I understand the brightness can be adjusted by accessing the Picture Adjust menu. However the Picture Adjust menu is greyed out so can't be accessed. How can i adjust the...
  7. SurfacePro 2 screen turns black w/external Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SurfacePro 2 screen turns black w/external Monitor: We have a Surface Pro 2 that's only a few months old, and the screen on the laptop turns black when plugging in an external monitor. When you unplug the monitor the screen stays black and you have to do a hard reset to get it back. It was working fine until recently. We've...
  8. Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Freezes turns to black screen then back to normal display issue: Good day, Im not sure if this can be considered a BSOD issue, but hear me out. Im using Win10 Ver 1809 ive been experiencing this quite often these days. My screen freezes turns to black screen then back to normal. Its weird coz I play a lot of games but this happens...
  9. how to change black screen back to normal

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change black screen back to normal: how to change black screen back to normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen/28ba356e-11bf-4b3f-8c93-e96e24999d0a
  10. Black Screen for temporary moments

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for temporary moments: I don't know why but this have been happening for a few times, during my playing time or social websites, the screen start intermittently going black... I wish you could help me fixing this....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iiyama E2407HDS monitor screen goes black

2. amd drivers 19.12.2 display blinks out

3. iyama screen keeps going black