Windows 10: IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email...

Discus and support IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently changed my Primary email address. It is a pain. However when I login to my PC , which usually does n ot have any signin, it shows the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wayne Hodges, Feb 10, 2020.

1. IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email...

I recently changed my Primary email address.

It is a pain.

However when I login to my PC , which usually does n ot have any signin, it shows the old email address.

requiring me to correct it.

How can I fix this issue.

:)

Wayne Hodges, Feb 10, 2020

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Change of email address

Hi Eddie,

For us to better assist you with this concern with the change in email address, we need to ask a few questions:

• How exactly are you accessing your email account? Is it through a web browser, Microsoft Office or any other mail client?
    • How did you change your email address?
    • Have you set the new email address as a primary alias?
    • Have you removed the old email address if you no longer want to use it?

Looking forward to your reply so we can find the best solution for you.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Feb 10, 2020
  4. EddieOtte Win User

IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email...

Change of email address

I have received the reply to my question, but not an answer. It was only a couple of questions.

The problem is my wife and I both have Facebook pages. Her Fakebook’s email address is our old email address. I want to change it to our new email address. However, I have used the new email address for my Facebook and it seems as though Facebook
    can’t have the same email address for two different Facebooks. That seems to be the reason why I can’t change the email address of her Facebook.

Is that a correct assumption? Please help me over this obstacle.

EddieOtte, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email...

1. IK changed my Primary email address. However when I login to my PC it shows my old email... - Similar Threads - changed Primary email

2. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  3. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.: When I get to add email and select "add an existing email alias" the MS system responds with "You can't add a work or school email address as an alias to a personal Microsoft account. Please try another."...
  4. I need to change primary email address my MS login email address.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need to change my primary email address, how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to change my primary email address, how?: I need to change my email primary address, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-primary-email-address-how/292d8ba7-4053-43cd-b5cb-d7bfe7a07b8e
  6. I need to change my primary email address, how?

I need to change my primary email address, how?: I need to change my email primary address, how? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-change-my-primary-email-address-how/292d8ba7-4053-43cd-b5cb-d7bfe7a07b8e
  7. I need to change my primary email address, how?

8. changing email address on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    changing email address on my PC: I have Windows 10 and I use my old email on this. I want to switch it to a new one without re installing Windows. It is a hassle for me to do it and I dont want my product key will be affected on the process....
  9. changing email address on my PC

changing email address on my PC: I have Windows 10 and I use my old email on this. I want to switch it to a new one without re installing Windows. It is a hassle for me to do it and I dont want my product key will be affected on the process....
  10. Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account

Changing primary email address on my Microsoft Account: I would like to change my email address on my Microsoft account to my work email but when I try it tells me that email address is already taken. How can I change it to my work email rather than my personal gmail account? Thank you...