Windows 10: I'll be delaying feature updates

Discus and support I'll be delaying feature updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So the new May 2020 update was released. And I already have some plans related to it. Since I'm on 1909, I won't have the update installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Melflormelissa, May 28, 2020.

1. I'll be delaying feature updates

So the new May 2020 update was released. And I already have some plans related to it.

Since I'm on 1909, I won't have the update installed automatically until May 2021 (cool), but I'll still be delaying it just in case.

Around the end of June/beginning of July, I'll be delaying it for around 8 months just so that everything is fine when I update.

:)

Melflormelissa, May 28, 2020

2. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Excellent! Thank You

Cyberdesigner, May 28, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

The delay feature is one way to allow capture screen image at later time so you can display a conext/popup/file menu etc...
    However, it is possible to do a snip without using the delay feature and in fact I think it is better that you have a complete control exactly when you want to snip.

1. Run snipping tool
    2. If the screen appears greyed out (snip mode) then press <ESC> else continue step 3
    3. Display context menu/Start menu/File Menu etc... Hold down <CTRL> and press <Print Screen> then do the snip.

topgundcp, May 28, 2020
  4. I'll be delaying feature updates

delay w10 install

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

To get rid of the Windows 10 upgrade, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

• Go to control panel, then click on Programs and Features.
    • Tap on View installed updates, then find the update called KB3035583.
    • Now uninstall this update.
    I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), May 28, 2020
Thema:

I'll be delaying feature updates

1. I'll be delaying feature updates - Similar Threads - I'll delaying feature

2. Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Defer or Delay Windows 11 2022 Update or Feature Upgrades: [ATTACH]In this post, we will show you how to defer or delay Windows 11 2022 Update or feature upgrades. Microsoft has recently rolled out the Windows 11 2022 Update Version 22H2 and you might already have received it on your Windows 11 PC. If not, you can get the update...
  3. Favorite Feature I'll Miss

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Favorite Feature I'll Miss: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sticka-7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/pbk8m1/favorite_feature_ill_miss/
  4. delay updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    delay updates: the laptop does not usually connect to the internet. sadly i need to connect for a few minutes to put avg on before i download adobe photoshop. photoshop will be used for at most 5 weeks and does not (so i am told) need to be connected all the time - just occasionaly while...
  5. Delaying Feature Updates

Delaying Feature Updates: I have just installed 1903 (Windows 10 Pro) from an ISO disc and wish to delay feature updates using GPedit I would some help with the following instructions given by MS When Selecting Semi-Annual Channel: - You can defer receiving Feature Updates for up to 365 days. - To...
  6. Delaying updates

Delaying updates: I followed these instructions until I got to #2. There is no "Schedule the restart." Where do I find that. This is Windows 10 Home. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update . Select Schedule the restart and choose a time that's...
  7. Delaying updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Delaying updates: I followed these instructions until I got to #2. There is no "Schedule the restart." Where do I find that. This is Windows 10 Home. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Windows Update . Select Schedule the restart and choose a time that's...
  8. Feature Update Time Delay Box Grayed Out

Feature Update Time Delay Box Grayed Out: I just updated from Win 10 1709 to 1809 and now the box to delay feature updates for 365 days is grayed out. How can I get access to this again so I can delay feature updates for up to 365 days? This is Win 10 Pro 64 bit. [img] 126456
  9. How to delay feature updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to delay feature updates in Windows 10: The next feature update is just around the corner; Microsoft's twice-a-year schedule for releasing feature updates means that the next upgrade is at the most just six months away. Microsoft switched to a new servicing model that it calls Windows-as-a-Service when it released...
  10. Delaying Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delaying Updates: Hello Due to recent 'rumours' I took the decision to stop updates and using Windows Pro this gives the option of delaying them for some time. the OS build I am currently at is =Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 OS Build 17134.345. I have like mentioned paused the...