Windows 10: I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail...

Discus and support I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail serial to the upgraded system? I'll recycle the old parts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by PatrickGöbels, Jan 15, 2021.

1. I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail...

I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail serial to the upgraded system?

I'll recycle the old parts such as the old HDD and GPU in a 2nd computer, do I have to log out of the Microsoft account in order to avoid that the serial gets used twice, because it's linked to my Microsoft account?

Do I just have to log out of the Microsoft account or unregister the serial on the old components?

It's a retail code I've bought years ago, it's not OEM.

Thank you!

:)

PatrickGöbels, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jan 15, 2021
  3. rss81 Win User
    transfer files between computers on a home network

I don't know why this is so hard to do but I would like to transfer files between a desktop PC running windows 10 pro and a laptop running windows 10 home. I would like to transfer files in both directions. Both computers are on the same home network and are connected wirelessly.

Could some one provide either specific step by step instructions on how to do this (I googled and found a countless list of instructions that don't work)

or a link to a reference.

Thanks,

I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice to see the computer sending the desired file in the explorer file manager of the computer receiving the desired file and then under the computer see a list
    of shared files and folders.

Again, this seems like such a reasonable way of sharing files and folders. Shouldn't there be a simple way to do this?

rss81, Jan 15, 2021
  4. I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail...

Transferring Components

you are transferring the cpu and the mobo from your dads computer and those are the main components. you can use the main hdd from his one to boot as if it were your father's computer, then easily install windows on one of your hdd, then change the bios to boot from your hdd and then remove your father hdd and there is it

LittleLizard, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail...

1. I'll exchange almost all of my computer components, how do I transfer my Windows 10 retail... - Similar Threads - I'll exchange almost

2. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?: When I built my computer in 2018 I purchased a retail license directly from Microsoft to run windows. I have now built a new computer and disconnected the old computer. I had confirmed that my License was a Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account.I have read in...
  3. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?: When I built my computer in 2018 I purchased a retail license directly from Microsoft to run windows. I have now built a new computer and disconnected the old computer. I had confirmed that my License was a Digital License linked to my Microsoft Account.I have read in...
  4. How can I transfer my retail Windows 10 license from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. how do I transfer all files from my android phone to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I transfer all files from my android phone to my computer: how do I transfer all my files from my android phone to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-files-from-my-android-phone/b1c0c380-57c9-4697-b9a3-dd922f299d94
  6. how do I transfer all files from my android phone to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I transfer all files from my android phone to my computer: how do I transfer all my files from my android phone to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-transfer-all-files-from-my-android-phone/b1c0c380-57c9-4697-b9a3-dd922f299d94
  7. I want to transfer my retail version of windows 10 from my dead computer to a laptop with a...

I want to transfer my retail version of windows 10 from my dead computer to a laptop with a...: My desktop computer died and won't turn on and I have a retail version of windows ten on it and I want to transfer it to a laptop that my friend gave me with a forgotten password which also has windows 10 on it. The laptop my friend gave me had a n OEM version of windows...
  8. How do I transfer my retail digitally linked Windows 10 license from my old computer to my...

How do I transfer my retail digitally linked Windows 10 license from my old computer to my...: Hi there, So i have a retail home license which is not OEM and it is linked to my microsoft account. I built a new computer and want to use my old license. I thought linking it would be easier as it suggested it was...... I removed my old computer from the devices in my...
  9. How do I know if I'll be able to transfer my digital license to a new PC?

How do I know if I'll be able to transfer my digital license to a new PC?: I've read so many articles and all of them say different things and don't really help me. I have a Windows 10 Pro that I upgraded from Windows 7 for free a few years back. Now I am finally buying a new PC, but without Windows so I'd love to be able to transfer my digital...
  10. How do I transfer all my files and information from my old computer to my new computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer all my files and information from my old computer to my new computer?: I need help knowing how to transfer everything including my files and information my old computer to my new computer by using a USB drive. Please Help!!!...