Windows 10: Illegal Computer on Network

Discus and support Illegal Computer on Network in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. My Windows version number is: Build 18362.476. I have someone piggybacking on my network. The computer name is Douglas. I right clicked and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by deanie44, Nov 16, 2019.

1. deanie44 Win User

Illegal Computer on Network

Hi. My Windows version number is: Build 18362.476. I have someone piggybacking on my network. The computer name is Douglas. I right clicked and I cannot remove it. How do I remove this computer? Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you.

Illegal Computer on Network [​IMG]

:)

deanie44, Nov 16, 2019
  2. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Nov 16, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Unable to browse network computers.

We suggest creating a new administrator user account by following the steps
    here
    . Make sure to use the same network settings that you used for your other computers, then check if you can connect to the home network. Since you also mentioned that Windows 10 was freshly installed on this particular computer, have you already downloaded
    the latest updates? The latest build for Version 1607 is 14393.1715, and 15063.608 for Version 1703. You can check the build version of your computer by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

If you don't have the latest updates, you can follow these steps to install them:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Check for updates.

If that doesn't work, we'd like screenshots of the network and file sharing settings of the computer that doesn't work, and the settings of one of your other computers that can connect and share files properly on the home network.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 16, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Illegal Computer on Network - Similar Threads - Illegal Computer Network

2. IS IT ILLEGAL?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    IS IT ILLEGAL?: I am not a legal expert, and would like to know if it is in theory illegal to share (for free) a functional, NOT-ACTIVATED, non-malicious, windows ISO, that has been stripped down to be less hardware intensive with performance tweaks prepared to a friend, considering they...
  3. Illegal Computer on Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Illegal Computer on Network: Hi. My Windows version number is: Build 18362.476. I have someone piggybacking on my network. The computer name is Douglas. I right clicked and I cannot remove it. How do I remove this computer? Any suggestion will be helpful. Thank you. [img] 144552
  4. Network Computers

Network Computers: I have a problem with Windows 10 with computers in my network. I have three computers and one can see all three computers in the network, but the other two cannot see the first one. If I do "net view" from the command prompt on the first computer it shows the other two, but...
  5. Networking Computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Networking Computers: I have previously linked my Desktop with my 2 laptops, using Network. I could then "back up" my data by "copy & paste". Since July 2019 this has stopped. Instead, I get a message "Enter your credentials to connect to [name of laptop]" I have inputted passwords, codes...
  6. Garbled and illegible BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Garbled and illegible BSODs: My system has frozen 3 times in the last week with a screen that looks like this: [img] I assume that it is a BSOD because it is predominantly blue, but as you can see, it is illegible. Here are the results of the V2 collector: DOUGAL-(2019-08-29_11-24-38).zip I have also...
  7. Illegal state change request???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Illegal state change request???: When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b
  8. Network/ Computer

Network/ Computer: How can I send a message to another computer connected to the same network with my computer and it will pup up or just show a notification that a message was transferred https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-computer/0e607916-7517-4f1d-9ab1-0fdf522e068c
  9. illegally encrpted files.

illegally encrpted files.: A number of my files have be encrypted by unknown source; who requires payment of $500 to decrypt the files (see below). How do I decrypt said fails without paying the ransom?...
  10. computer network

computer network: Did microsoft create a new network on my computer in may 2018 as some kind of update to windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-network/b6fdf318-a48d-4f63-b794-78dfa36e8324