Windows 10: Illegal state change

Discus and support Illegal state change in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought Halo Wars 2 on my PC via the Microsoft store. Howevr when I open the game and try to sign in, it just states "illegal state... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SeagullR, Aug 4, 2021.

1. SeagullR Win User

Illegal state change

Hi, I recently bought Halo Wars 2 on my PC via the Microsoft store. Howevr when I open the game and try to sign in, it just states "illegal state change has been requested". So I tried logging into Xbox.com which worked and I also changed my password but still cant log in when I want to play Halo Wars 2?

:)

SeagullR, Aug 4, 2021

2. Illegal state change request???

When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change!

ArthurFox1, Aug 4, 2021
  3. Illegal State Change

Recently changed the alias of my primary email for my microsoft account, can sign in with the new gmail from a browser just fine. However, when attempting to verify my microsoft account under the settings of my laptop I am met with an "illegal state change"
    notification and leaves me unable to verify myself on my own laptop. Tried looking everywhere to fix this problem but have had no luck

***Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings***

Ralphie Soto, Aug 4, 2021
  4. Illegal state change

Illegal State was requested

I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was requested" when verifying my account in "your info".

Illegal state change request???

I'll also point out there are a number of people asking this. This issue is preventing me from changing the email on my computer to the more current one.

PatrickKnies1, Aug 4, 2021
Thema:

Illegal state change

1. Illegal state change - Similar Threads - Illegal state change

2. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  3. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  4. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. illegal state change requested error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    illegal state change requested error.: i just got the new forza 5 horizon and noticed when i try to make a convoy/party on pc it asked me to login and i did and it prompted me that there was a illegal state change requested and it can't sign me in. however i can login to my account fine on google or any browser...
  6. Microsoft account illegal state change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft account illegal state change: So recently I built my own gaming computer and was switching a bunch of older account info onto my own personal email from one of my parents emails, and this included my xbox/microsoft account. Ever since I did this though I haven't been able to sign into my microsoft...
  7. An illegal state change was requested.

An illegal state change was requested.: I am encountering this error again and again when I am trying to sign in into my laptop. I didn't request for any kind of state change. I just changed my password as I was unable to download apps from Microsoft Store. My laptop has windows 10. And there were no changes that...
  8. Illegal State Change

Illegal State Change: Recently changed the alias of my primary email for my microsoft account, can sign in with the new gmail from a browser just fine. However, when attempting to verify my microsoft account under the settings of my laptop I am met with an "illegal state change" notification and...
  9. An illegal state change was requested

An illegal state change was requested: I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click to "Update info",...
  10. Illegal state change request???

Illegal state change request???: When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b