Windows 10: Illegal State was requested

Discus and support Illegal State was requested in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PatrickKnies1, May 19, 2020.

1. Illegal State was requested

I basically have the same question as here. I have reset the password. Added information to my Microsoft account. I receive the "Illegal State was requested" when verifying my account in "your info".

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b

I'll also point out there are a number of people asking this. This issue is preventing me from changing the email on my computer to the more current one.

:)

PatrickKnies1, May 19, 2020

2. Illegal state change request???

When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change!

ArthurFox1, May 19, 2020
  3. An illegal state change was requested

I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click
    to "Update info", it prompts me to enter my password, then a small window appears just like an error message, saying "An illegal state change was requested".

What is this ? And how can I solve this issue ??

Any help will be appreciated, Thank you !

MihaiCservenecz, May 19, 2020
  4. EdTittel Win User

Illegal State was requested

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Illegal State was requested

1. Illegal State was requested - Similar Threads - Illegal State was

2. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  3. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Illegal State Change Requested?: I've been trying to sign in to my Microsoft account so I could update my computer to Windows 11 for what's felt like a year. I recently tried signing in to recover some information but got an "Illegal State Change Requested" notification when I did. I never requested any...
  4. Illegal State Change Requested?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. illegal state change requested error.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    illegal state change requested error.: i just got the new forza 5 horizon and noticed when i try to make a convoy/party on pc it asked me to login and i did and it prompted me that there was a illegal state change requested and it can't sign me in. however i can login to my account fine on google or any browser...
  6. illegal state change requested error.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    illegal state change requested error.: i just got the new forza 5 horizon and noticed when i try to make a convoy/party on pc it asked me to login and i did and it prompted me that there was a illegal state change requested and it can't sign me in. however i can login to my account fine on google or any browser...
  7. illegal state change requested error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. An illegal state change was requested.

An illegal state change was requested.: I am encountering this error again and again when I am trying to sign in into my laptop. I didn't request for any kind of state change. I just changed my password as I was unable to download apps from Microsoft Store. My laptop has windows 10. And there were no changes that...
  9. An illegal state change was requested

An illegal state change was requested: I was trying to install Your Phone app and set it up, but was stuck at 60% progress. After some time trying to make it work, I ended up in Settings>My Account, and under Your Info it said "You need to update some info for your Microsoft account. When I click to "Update info",...
  10. Illegal state change request???

Illegal state change request???: When I tried to sign in I was told, We are unable to sign you in. An illegal state change was requested? What does that mean? I did not ask for any change! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/illegal-state-change-request/cc853370-7c39-428c-9a32-b49b7c535e9b