Windows 10: Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications

Discus and support Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! I constantly receive notifications to "Check Drive for Errors" or "Restart to Fix Errors". However, I have run sfc/scannow and DISM and found no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AwesomeRepublic, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications

Hi! I constantly receive notifications to "Check Drive for Errors" or "Restart to Fix Errors". However, I have run sfc/scannow and DISM and found no errors. How do I stop these notifications unless they are legitimate?

:)

AwesomeRepublic, Mar 20, 2020

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Mar 20, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    one drive icons not appearing on Notification area

Hi Mohd,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if Notification setting for One Drive Is turned on. Follow the steps below.

• Click on Start button and Select Settings.
    • Select System and Click on Notification and Actions.
    • Click on Select which icon to appear on taskbar.
    • Turn on the notification for One Drive.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Mar 20, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications

1. Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications - Similar Threads - Illegitimate Drive Error

2. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  3. Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan drive for errors notification keeps appearing: As the subject says, the notification "scan drive for errors" keeps on appearing, I have clicked it thinking that it will be fixed but no because a few hours or days later it appears again. This has been going on for weeks now and it is really annoying as it can appear at any...
  4. Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate: Hi, As of yesterday I've been experiencing a problem where my Windows 10 Home installation thinks my license isn't genuine. It started displaying the 'Activate Windows' watermark in the lower-right of my display, leading me to the activation menu in my settings. However,...
  5. Constant Scan for drive errors notification

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant Scan for drive errors notification: I just reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop for the third time in the past 6 months. Over the course of the time, i have been constantly getting the scan for drive errors in my system. When i click scan, it asks to reboot which takes time which is really annoying. yesterday,...
  6. Illegitimate key

Illegitimate key: So I received a key for home and I used it to activate my pc. When I was activating it, it said to change to my organizations activation service. I pressed activate without thinking. How can I revert this mistake and get a legit windows 10 copy?...
  7. error notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error notification: On booting I gwt a message : "can not find/APP Data/Roaming/pygjrerly/nvlrke.js https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/error-notification/cd3a3828-c4f9-498e-ab75-2bd01a9b9c90
  8. Disconnected Drive Notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disconnected Drive Notification: [ATTACH]Greetings, My mapped network dive often doesn't reconnect when my computer reboots (picture). Sometimes I get a notification (shown to the right), but this is very rare. Is it possible to get notification every time my network drive doesn't reconnect during a...
  9. Illegitimate license key

Illegitimate license key: I bought a Windows 10 pro product key off of a website called G2Deal for an insanely cheap price that I couldn't pass up at the time. A friend who is more informed about these kinds of things said that the key is almost definitely an illegitimate one. I apparently clicked...
  10. Notifications that drive are invalid

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notifications that drive are invalid: How do I get rid of notification that D:/ directory is invalid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/notifications-that-drive-are-invalid/4459f907-fdd8-4877-be2b-15b8d5446183