Windows 10: Illegitimate license key

Discus and support Illegitimate license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I bought a Windows 10 pro product key off of a website called G2Deal for an insanely cheap price that I couldn't pass up at the time. A friend who is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SamJones 99, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Illegitimate license key

I bought a Windows 10 pro product key off of a website called G2Deal for an insanely cheap price that I couldn't pass up at the time. A friend who is more informed about these kinds of things said that the key is almost definitely an illegitimate one.

I apparently clicked yes on the setting that asked if I wanted to link my MS account with my Windows product key and would like to know how to remove the illegitimate product key from my MS account.

:)

SamJones 99, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Octavean Win User

License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Do you mean software key or maybe license key,....?

Not sure what you mean otherwise.

Octavean, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Conor1974 Win User
    License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Illegitimate license key

Windows License Key

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Illegitimate license key

1. Illegitimate license key - Similar Threads - Illegitimate license key

2. Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from illegitimate Windows 10 Pro key to Windows 11 Home: Hello,I am having trouble upgrading to Windows 11 Home. I unknowingly bought an illegitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro some time ago, and after swapping my motherboard it gave me the Activate Windows watermark, so I then bought a 11 home key from a licensed retailer thinking I...
  3. License key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License key: I bought an Acer aspire laptop back in 2019 and the m.2 ssd stopped working. I switched it with a new one but it has no boot options. How can I get the same version of windows that I had in this laptop?...
  4. Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate: Hi, As of yesterday I've been experiencing a problem where my Windows 10 Home installation thinks my license isn't genuine. It started displaying the 'Activate Windows' watermark in the lower-right of my display, leading me to the activation menu in my settings. However,...
  5. Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate

Windows 10 Home suddenly thinks my license is illegitimate: Hi, As of yesterday I've been experiencing a problem where my Windows 10 Home installation thinks my license isn't genuine. It started displaying the 'Activate Windows' watermark in the lower-right of my display, leading me to the activation menu in my settings. However,...
  6. license key

license key: a few months back I gave my laptop for service at that time they did something wrong License Key. Now how can I recovery my original OS license key for my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/license-key/3d6bd494-14ee-4c7f-9289-0dc337c77dce
  7. My computer post that I have an illegitimate microsoft license.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer post that I have an illegitimate microsoft license.: How do I input my recovery code to authenticate my license. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-computer-post-that-i-have-an-illegitimate/ba50e4de-3667-4230-8b06-502504308aff
  8. Illegitimate key

Illegitimate key: So I received a key for home and I used it to activate my pc. When I was activating it, it said to change to my organizations activation service. I pressed activate without thinking. How can I revert this mistake and get a legit windows 10 copy?...
  9. How to remove illegitimate windows product key embedded in BIOS/UEFI?

How to remove illegitimate windows product key embedded in BIOS/UEFI?: I've had this version of Windows installed for a few years now, I can't remember it being installed but I'm pretty sure one of my friends did it using a cracked version of Windows. I'd like to use the "free" legit version of Windows for a while, before purchasing a full...
  10. Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Illegitimate Drive Error Notifications: Hi! I constantly receive notifications to "Check Drive for Errors" or "Restart to Fix Errors". However, I have run sfc/scannow and DISM and found no errors. How do I stop these notifications unless they are legitimate?...