Windows 10: I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...

Discus and support I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have no clue how to make it pick up my headset microphone instead of using the built in microphone. It was working fine two days ago and then now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hippielettuce8, Aug 2, 2020.

1. I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...

I have no clue how to make it pick up my headset microphone instead of using the built in microphone. It was working fine two days ago and then now I've had awful audio problems. The speakers on the outside of the laptop stopped working and had tons of static. I reset the BIOS? By pushing a paper clip into a tiny little hole on the underside of the laptop and that fixed the speakers issue. Now it won't pick up the headset mic and won't even detect it... I need help.

:)

Hippielettuce8, Aug 2, 2020

2. Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset

so my Laptop is using my built-in mic instead of my headset (Rig 500 if that helps) And my laptop mic is half broken so sometime it will sound like beeps and hoops and others it will go silent and sometimes it will be normal, if i could get any help that
    would be great

Jye De Boehmy, Aug 2, 2020
  3. VicHofs Win User
    Laptop using Built-in microphone instead of headset microphone

Hi everyone,

I didn't really know where to post this, as it is a pretty universal question (involves the machine, OS and third-party hardware/software), but decided to ask here in the Microsoft forums due to the quick and helpful answers I've
    gotten in previous topics and questions. So, my computer uses my built-in microphone instead of my headset's (a Razer Kraken Pro - in case this is helpful information) for sound recording and chatting in games. I have followed recommended procedures throughout
    the web, but none of them seemed to help me in any way. Can someone assist me?

Cheers,

Victor Hofstetter

VicHofs, Aug 2, 2020
  4. I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...

How can I use my laptop's built-in microphone in conjunction with my headphones?

The microphone on my headset is not working. I want to use the mic that is built directly into my laptop, but when my headphones are plugged in, the pc can only use the mic on them. what's worse is that "realtek HD audio" refers to both my computer's sound
    system and any plugged-in audio devices so I can't just choose between pc and headphones in my settings. Is there any way I can make my computer use its built-in microphone instead of the nonfunctional one on my plugged-in headphones?

owenlutwyche, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets...

1. I'm a PC noob and my laptop is using the built in microphone instead of using my headsets... - Similar Threads - I'm noob laptop

2. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  3. Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop using built-in mic instead of headset mic: Why hello!I've recently received a headset with a 3.5mm 4 pin TRRS headphone jack. The output works fine, as in I can hear audio when wearing them, however my laptop is still using its own in-built mic instead of the headset mic. As an aside, I've tested using the headset...
  4. My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop uses the in built mic instead of my headset mic after a windows update: I am using a acer laptop and a hyperx cloud stinger headset. before the latest windows 10 update as of this post 31/7/21, i had the option to update to this version because the previous one would run out of security updates soon. I chose to update it but found out that after...
  5. How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic

How to use headset Microphone Instead of laptop built In Mic: Hi, I have a Acer Aspire 5 A514-52K, Recently I got a headset that uses 3.5 mm Jack I plugged my headset in and It asked " What device did you plug In" I accidently clicked on headphones Instead of "headset" , For months I thought my mic on my headset was working In good...
  6. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  7. Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using built in mic instead of headset mic: Hi, so I've had this problem for a while now and having trouble finding a solution. When I go into my sound settings, I don't even see my headset there, only the built in mic. Any suggestions would be appreciated. submitted by /u/theinevitable420 [link] [comments]...
  8. Laptop using in built mic instead of headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop using in built mic instead of headset: So I tried fixing my mic to use primarily on discord, but I realized that the mic is inputting from the built in mic instead of the headset I had plugged in. I tried to unplug and plug in, restarting my laptop and turning on and off privacy settings. On top of this the only...
  9. Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset

Laptop is using a built in mic instead of my headset: so my Laptop is using my built-in mic instead of my headset Rig 500 if that helps And my laptop mic is half broken so sometime it will sound like beeps and hoops and others it will go silent and sometimes it will be normal, if i could get any help that would be great...
  10. Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.

Microphone on headset not being used on PC while webcam microphone is being used instead.: I can plug in my headset in and out now fine, but the microphone is not working. If I plug in the headset into another device, the headset works perfectly fine. When plugging in my PC, the headphones on the headset work, but the microphone is not being used. Instead, the...