Windows 10: im a tech virgin

Discus and support im a tech virgin in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does windows security/defender have a built in ad blocker or is it just anti virus... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 11au, Sep 16, 2019.

1. 11au Win User

im a tech virgin

Does windows security/defender have a built in ad blocker or is it just anti virus

:)

2. Microsoft email (Virgin Media).

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to check whether you are receiving emails through the web browser by logging on to your virgin media account.

Run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue.

Try these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Click view all in the left panel.
    • Select ‘Windows app' and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps. Get back to us with the results for further assistance.

Joy Kemprai, Sep 16, 2019
  3. mikeNW Win User
    virgin mobile

Sorry but that makes no sense.

• Budget version like apple?? iphones are iphones. All iphone 4s have the same technology in them no matter if you sign a 2 yr contract with att to get one subsidized for 199, or if you pay 650 to buy a no contract iphone 4s from virgin -it's the same
      phone not a budget model!
    • Since I'd be paying full price for the phone, that's where Microsoft and Nokia make their money. Without getting customers into overpriced 2 year contracts like other carriers, Virgin isn't making those kind of profits off contracts to be able to pay apple
      for discounts on iphones to resell.
    • What does android open source system have to do with whether a phone can be used on any particular carrier? Virgin mobile uses the cdma network, some phones like ip4s are compatible with either/both gsm and cdma, which is why you can get an ip4s on att,
      sprint or verizon. I still have no reasonable explanation why a Nokia Lumia 920 (wcdma) with Windows 8 couldn't be activated on Virgin Mobile. -other than Virgin telling me they just will not 'program' it to work on their service. They can, they just won't.

mikeNW, Sep 16, 2019
  4. im a tech virgin

Update Credentials of Virgin Media Account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. Are you currently using a Microsoft Account?
    2. Had you ever linked your Virgin Media Account to your Microsoft Account?

If you are logging into Web Outlook, then follow the below steps to update your Outlook Profile.

Step 1: After signing in to your Microsoft Outlook account, click the photo icon on the top right and click
    About me.

Step 2: Click on Edit in Edit Your Profile >
    Edit Your Basic Information.

Step 3: To change your basic information, such as your About Me description and your profile photo, click
    Basic Information and edit your information. Click Save all and
    close.

If you want to update your Virgin Media Account information, then you may want to post your query in
    Virgin Media Community.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

im a tech virgin

1. im a tech virgin - Similar Threads - tech virgin

2. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  3. MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS tech can't fix my Win 11 problem - can I set up dual boot and will I have access to all...: Problem - tiny text at top of screen and all popups.Spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 tech people and problem not solved.Would like to set up dual boot to Linux - if so, will I have access to all my files AND programs?If Linux solves the problem, can I then delete...
  4. How to get to higher tech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get to higher tech: Very, VERY long story, short -I spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 techs - not one of them were able to solve AND NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD SEND ME TO HIGHER TECH. I have the case numbers.Problem - tiny text at top of page and in popups.4 of them came into my computer,...
  5. How to get to higher tech

How to get to higher tech: Very, VERY long story, short -I spent over 7 hrs with 8 different MS Win 11 techs - not one of them were able to solve AND NOT ONE OF THEM WOULD SEND ME TO HIGHER TECH. I have the case numbers.Problem - tiny text at top of page and in popups.4 of them came into my computer,...
  6. Visual Delights Exploring Graphics Tech"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Visual Delights Exploring Graphics Tech": In the bustling community of local singles, conversations buzz with excitement about video cards and monitors. Enthusiasts share their experiences and recommendations for choosing the right video card to pair with a high-quality monitor, ensuring crisp visuals and smooth...
  7. I need help fixing the error Error0x80070643 for my Xbox App on my Laptop. I am not tech...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing the error Error0x80070643 for my Xbox App on my Laptop. I am not tech...: I genuinely can't explain it. Every time I try to open my Xbox App it comes up with Error 0x80070643, then when I try to launch it again it says it's updating, then goes back to said Error Screen. I am sick and tired of trying to fix this, I have been attempting to for days....
  8. I need help fixing the error Error0x80070643 for my Xbox App on my Laptop. I am not tech...

I need help fixing the error Error0x80070643 for my Xbox App on my Laptop. I am not tech...: I genuinely can't explain it. Every time I try to open my Xbox App it comes up with Error 0x80070643, then when I try to launch it again it says it's updating, then goes back to said Error Screen. I am sick and tired of trying to fix this, I have been attempting to for days....
  9. I need to talk to a support tech

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to talk to a support tech: I can't get though to an agent for support, how do I actually speak to a person, it seems like the AI can't help me, I just keep going through a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-talk-to-a-support-tech/c93b3d07-6f9f-4892-bd0c-88fa20cf1307
  10. I need to talk to a support tech

I need to talk to a support tech: I can't get though to an agent for support, how do I actually speak to a person, it seems like the AI can't help me, I just keep going through a loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-talk-to-a-support-tech/c93b3d07-6f9f-4892-bd0c-88fa20cf1307

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft dism code file vigin mobile 0585