Windows 10: I'm about to freak out, please help

Discus and support I'm about to freak out, please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My PC crashed yesterday, and it seemed to crash because of both google chrome overloading and windows explorer loading weird. I had to close all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/maxstew7, Feb 1, 2021.

1. I'm about to freak out, please help

My PC crashed yesterday, and it seemed to crash because of both google chrome overloading and windows explorer loading weird. I had to close all programs, force end windows explorer and then my PC kept workinv without issues for another 6 hours and then it suddenly crashed upon me trying to "save as" a file. "Save as" does sometimes stall when a drive needs to load, but this time it straight up led to my pc crashing. Then the big problems started. I already talked to a friend who had suspected that my ram crashed but we checked and it still works. I can boot it until it gets to the regular log in screen, then it takes 5 minutes to log in, then i can see my wallpaper and windows taskbar, but nothing else, and i cant use taskbar or task manager, and it does nothing. I can press ctrl alt delete to see such options as task manager but selecting something does nothing and just brings me back to my wallpaper. After like 10 minutes it just says microsoft windows is not responding, selectinh the end process option in that pop up window only reloads the wallpaper and thrn the same process repeats.

None of the advanced troubleshooting options (that I can sometimes access in the log in screen via shift clicking restart) could do anything, not even command prompt would open, nothing does anything. It just comes up "there was an error please restart and try again". I did get a "Windows error code 80070013" displayed in one of the error messages for the trouble shooting options that failed. Not even selecting a peevious save state works, selectinh the option just gives me an instant "there was an error please restart and try again" message, same with the troubleshoot option that would let me uninstall ptevious updates.

Then after talking to a friend he gave me the advice to download and create a windows 10 installation media on a USB stick and use that to boot and fix issues. The troubleshoot options that I can access there do function a bit more nut they still cant fix anything. Then ive come to the point of attempting to re-install windows via booting it via that USB stick and then installing it to fix the existing windows, and not even that works. It's saying "The selected disk is of the GPT partition" and bevause of this cannot install there, even though the selected drive was the drive that already had windows on it and still does, its not the wrong partition.

I have important files that weren't saved on external harddrives, and important temporary files. This technically is just my computer crashing and then acting up. I do not want to reformat everything just to re-install windows 10, which seems ridiclious considering I can sort of reach my unusable desktop. This doesnt feel like a situation that would need a complete cleaning. It's not even like windows refuses to boot up, it casually gets to the log in screen and thats where the issues start.

Please help I'm begging all of you.

submitted by /u/maxstew7
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/maxstew7, Feb 1, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Feb 1, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    No Boot, Drives Not detected, Can't Load Win10 Pleses Help!

Until the BIOS sees your M.2, there's nothing you can do. It does not matter if the M.2 is unformatted/unallocated, the BIOS should see it.
    1. Suggest that you take the M.2 out, clean all the contacts and re-seat it and hope this is the case.
    2. If step one fails. Connect your 250GB SSD back in using one of the SATA port to see if the BIOS recognize it. If it doen't, then it might be something wrong with the MB, if it does then boot up the Windows Installation USB, run diskpart, shrink it at least 40GB then create a partition, Leave it unallocated then install Windows there.

Also try to re-seat all other components such as Memory, Video card etc...

topgundcp, Feb 1, 2021
  4. I'm about to freak out, please help

Pentium M

Not sure what I'm looking at. Though when I do go to Options and then CPU it lists my CPU
    as Intel Pentium M processor 1.73 GHz, and then under that it lists speed: 799.9 MHz
    and then features and cache size.I ran the benchmark test and don't understand all
    those numbers, but while testing I checked CPUZ and it still says it is running at 800 MHz.

boise49ers, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

I'm about to freak out, please help

1. I'm about to freak out, please help - Similar Threads - I'm freak please

2. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  3. My HP laptop is freaking out please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My HP laptop is freaking out please help.: Hi communityMy HP ProBook 4525s is freaking outWhen I turn it on it turns on normallyBut when it reaches to the windows boot logo the screen turns off and the fans start spinning as fast as hell then the whole thing diesIt does the same thing if I boot it like 2-5 timesAnd...
  4. error 0x800700c1 please help I'm about to lose it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error 0x800700c1 please help I'm about to lose it: it is now 530 am and I have to work today I have been at my computer since 11pm trying to solve this issue. i am literally ready to break down. every thread has a different method to fix and i have tried them all nothing works. step after step. hope after hope crushed. I...
  5. error 0x800700c1 please help I'm about to lose it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 0x800700c1 please help I'm about to lose it: it is now 530 am and I have to work today I have been at my computer since 11pm trying to solve this issue. i am literally ready to break down. every thread has a different method to fix and i have tried them all nothing works. step after step. hope after hope crushed. I...
  6. Sound Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Freaking Out: Hey I have a problem when I had plugged in new headphones or unplugged any audio device the sound rapidly changes over and over and I cannot change it. If anybody has had a similar issue before can you help? submitted by /u/PineappleSir [link] [comments]...
  7. Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! My Bluetooth is freaking out: Two days ago I started having troubles connecting my earbuds to my computer through Bluetooth. It started with only being able to choose the handsfree audio quality so I decided to remove my earbuds from the settings and reconnect them but I wasn't able to do so. Instead I...
  8. Windows Freaking Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Freaking Out: Hello All, My computer says that it has "Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB 64-bit" and I still get the "Activate Windows" message on my monitor. When I used Windows 10 Update Assistant, It told me that my operating wasn't ok, and I needed to "Upgrade Windows Server or...
  9. Freaking out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freaking out: I can't access Cortana, my windows bar and my notifications. I tried to fix by using Power Shell, but no corrupted files. Then I saw that task bar said Cortana Suspend, last night my computer updated, and I don't know if that messed up my system. I also had to change my email...
  10. I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm confused about this, please help, and I'm not sure what's wrong: [img] My window is maximized, but it won't fill up the entire screen, and I can't put anything at the top of the screen either. I don't know what's wrong, but please help. I don't think that it's showing up in the screen shot, but please help. 84097