Windows 10: Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store

Discus and support Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So long story short I had to uninstall Age Of Empires DE to download the new copy that allowed cross play with people with the steam copy. It updated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by grizzgolf, Aug 29, 2019.

1. grizzgolf Win User

Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store

So long story short I had to uninstall Age Of Empires DE to download the new copy that allowed cross play with people with the steam copy. It updated to the 2.8 whatever build. The game needed to update again and I started the update in the windows store. I ended up canceling the update because I thought it froze. Now every time I try to get the game to redownload the update it tells me my game is up to date. My game is not up to date. I reset the windows store app and it didn't work. It still tells me that my game is up to date.

I just tried to open the game and now it wont open even with the older version and I really really don't want to redownload all 18 gigs.

:)

grizzgolf, Aug 29, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows Store error 0x8000FFFF

Hello,

We suggest that you reset the Windows Store and see if it resolves the issue. To reset Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type the following command:
      • wsreset.exe

• Wait for it to finish, then restart your PC.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 29, 2019
  3. windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 29, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows Store auto close after opening

2 things you can try:

1. Make a new account and see if that works (didn't for me).

2. If that doesn't work you need to copy the Store and it's pre-req's to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps from a working Windows system and then install them again. This did work for me.

Steps to do this are (if you don't have another PC around)

• 1. Install Windows 10 to a VM
    • 2. Run Windows update on the VM.
    • 3. Copy the following files from a place that works (the VM) to your C drive:
      • a. Microsoft.WindowsStore*
      • b. It's pre-req's (Microsoft.Net.* and Microsoft.VCLIBS.*)
    • 4. Install it again with powershell Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>" –DisableDevelopmentMode. (where <PackageFullName> is something like Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.925.10.0.....etc)
      It will tell you if you forgot a pre-req - if so just copy the missing one and try again (they are listed in the xml anyway)..

hth

Thema:

1. Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store - Similar Threads - scream copy Store

2. Windows 10 whining about the Windows store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 whining about the Windows store.: so when i try to run this .exe file (portable install, we dont see those commonly anymore) it whines about it being not verified by microsoft and to go to the windows store to try to find it(doesnt exist on the windows store). every. single. time i run it...
  3. Windows store on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows store on pc: When i load up ark on the windows store it only lets me download it to my xbox and not my pc. How do i fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-store-on-pc/51143a9d-692c-4abe-bcb7-8c4cf243d067
  4. Oofff im reset my pc...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Oofff im reset my pc...: Ahh im reset my pc and in the windows and windows blue screen What failed: clipsp.sys How to fix? Im use lapop Samsung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oofff-im-reset-my-pc/479903f4-7b92-48c4-be76-f2af5c2fb34d
  5. clone or copy of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clone or copy of PC: I currently have a PC for work that runs Windows 10 but am about to head off on Maternity leave for 6 months and need to give the computer back. They will wipe the computer and redeploy it to somebody else. When I return to work in 6 months, I will be given another (exact...
  6. About windows store cloud save.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About windows store cloud save.: Does windows store have cloud save? I want to make sure that so i can delete my asphalt 9 and may be i can install it in the future without losing any things. I 've already log in to my microsoft account....
  7. minecraft im store gekauft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minecraft im store gekauft: habe eben minecraft im Microsoft store gekauft, aber wo ist jetzt der download? Geld ging auch ab vom Konto?! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/minecraft-im-store-gekauft/60428f0a-e779-42ae-a5ea-c8c2ca4087f6
  8. about my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    about my pc: hi so my pc keeps on restarting and went to automatic repair so i decided to reset it and put a back up but when it starts, the keyboard isnt workind an all my software got removed including all the microsoft, how will i recover the software that got removed and how will i...
  9. Question about Windows 10 Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about Windows 10 Store: I am not going to use the Store or Universal apps. I disabled automatic updates for apps in Store. But I like them to be maintained so every few days I open the Store and update them manually. I did that tonight, there were 2 updates available, I updated the apps manually but...
  10. Copy Gallery to PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Copy Gallery to PC: Can read the DCIM on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4. When trying to hold and move or copy using File extention it advises device not readable. Gallery items are JPG files and it shows all picture information. 73425