Windows 10: Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store

Discus and support Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; So long story short I had to uninstall Age Of Empires DE to download the new copy that allowed cross play with people with the steam copy. It updated... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by grizzgolf, Aug 29, 2019.

1. grizzgolf Win User

Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store

So long story short I had to uninstall Age Of Empires DE to download the new copy that allowed cross play with people with the steam copy. It updated to the 2.8 whatever build. The game needed to update again and I started the update in the windows store. I ended up canceling the update because I thought it froze. Now every time I try to get the game to redownload the update it tells me my game is up to date. My game is not up to date. I reset the windows store app and it didn't work. It still tells me that my game is up to date.

I just tried to open the game and now it wont open even with the older version and I really really don't want to redownload all 18 gigs.

:)

grizzgolf, Aug 29, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows Store error 0x8000FFFF

Hello,

We suggest that you reset the Windows Store and see if it resolves the issue. To reset Windows Store, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R to open the Run window.
    • Type the following command:
      • wsreset.exe

• Wait for it to finish, then restart your PC.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Aug 29, 2019
  3. windows store

Hi Botlhe,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you run the Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to reset Windows Store cache and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key+ R.
    • Type wsreset.exe and hit
      Enter

Please reply us on the status of the issue to assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 29, 2019
  4. lx07 Win User

Windows Store auto close after opening

2 things you can try:

1. Make a new account and see if that works (didn't for me).

2. If that doesn't work you need to copy the Store and it's pre-req's to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps from a working Windows system and then install them again. This did work for me.

Steps to do this are (if you don't have another PC around)

• 1. Install Windows 10 to a VM
    • 2. Run Windows update on the VM.
    • 3. Copy the following files from a place that works (the VM) to your C drive:
      • a. Microsoft.WindowsStore*
      • b. It's pre-req's (Microsoft.Net.* and Microsoft.VCLIBS.*)
    • 4. Install it again with powershell Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\<PackageFullName>" –DisableDevelopmentMode. (where <PackageFullName> is something like Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.925.10.0.....etc)
      It will tell you if you forgot a pre-req - if so just copy the missing one and try again (they are listed in the xml anyway)..

hth

Thema:

1. Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store - Similar Threads - scream copy Store

2. Really Angry about this. Can't reauthorize my DIGITALLY STORED copy of Windows after...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Really Angry about this. Can't reauthorize my DIGITALLY STORED copy of Windows after...: Recently did a hardware change. Same motherboard type, an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 was replaced because the old one had bent CPU pins. Upgraded my i5 to the i7 k series chip which is the fastest one for that generation of motherboard. LGA 1150 and added two sticks of memory for a...
  3. Really Angry about this. Can't reauthorize my DIGITALLY STORED copy of Windows after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Really Angry about this. Can't reauthorize my DIGITALLY STORED copy of Windows after...: Recently did a hardware change. Same motherboard type, an MSI Z97 Gaming 5 was replaced because the old one had bent CPU pins. Upgraded my i5 to the i7 k series chip which is the fastest one for that generation of motherboard. LGA 1150 and added two sticks of memory for a...
  4. Really Angry about this. Can't reauthorize my DIGITALLY STORED copy of Windows after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Scream of helplessness!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scream of helplessness!: I seem to have joined the Microsoft Community by accident. I hope it will not affect my general use of my laptop. I wish I could still use Windows 7, it seemed much more logical and easier to use. I wish things did not seem to change almost weekly in how I have to use my...
  6. Scream of helplessness!

Scream of helplessness!: I seem to have joined the Microsoft Community by accident. I hope it will not affect my general use of my laptop. I wish I could still use Windows 7, it seemed much more logical and easier to use. I wish things did not seem to change almost weekly in how I have to use my...
  7. about app on windows store

about app on windows store: i can not find linkdin on microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/about-app-on-windows-store/d22fd0c9-d349-4987-97fb-a04571e054fe
  8. im so confused about this.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im so confused about this.: [ATTACH] im pretty confused, and cant think straight atm, so bare with me. this is really messy, sorry. so yesterday windows AV came up with Trojan:Win32/Powessere.N as a virus, but when i click remove it wont work. but when i re-scanned (in windows AV) it couldn't find...
  9. Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virtual Primal Scream in Total Reality!: I'm a senior citizen. I've worked with Microsoft through the days of 286, 386, 486 that used boxes of disks that took forever and a day to manually load the programs onto the PC. I've loaded MS-DOS successfully. I've learned how to manually construct pages using HTML 4....
  10. im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink: does reinstalling from 1803 to 1909 will make any critical problem like lost all data in the HDD for no reason? i heard some update wipe data without any warning for no reason i want to upgrade from current windows 10 because it kinda buggy everywhere and randomly freeze...