Windows 10: im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink

Discus and support im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; does reinstalling from 1803 to 1909 will make any critical problem like lost all data in the HDD for no reason? i heard some update wipe data without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/IamYourLoyalSexSlave, Dec 11, 2019.

1. im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink

does reinstalling from 1803 to 1909 will make any critical problem like lost all data in the HDD for no reason?

i heard some update wipe data without any warning for no reason

i want to upgrade from current windows 10 because it kinda buggy everywhere and randomly freeze

usually use overwrite methode that make windows old folder, not clean install.

is it safe?

submitted by /u/IamYourLoyalSexSlave
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/IamYourLoyalSexSlave, Dec 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 11, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink

Windows 10 update 1909

Hi Sarthak

No you do not need to update to 1809 - 1903 if you are currently on version 1803, then version 1909 will appear in the list of updates and will automatically be installed on your PC since 1803 has run out of support

You do not need to do anything, 1909 is currently spreading around the world, just give it time to appear in the list of pending updates . . .

DaveM121, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink

1. im about to update my pc to windows 10 1909 but kinda overthink - Similar Threads - update 1909 kinda

2. Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update 1909 Broke My Pc: After getting on my PC this morning after an update last night, I noticed my audio was no longer working. Weirdly enough I cannot fix it even after forcing windows audio services to restart multiple times. All my drivers are working correctly. I also cannot open my documents...
  3. I have a problem about the pending updates on my Windows 10 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a problem about the pending updates on my Windows 10 1909: [IMG]Hello my Micorosoft bros I have some issues about my Windows update on my surface how do i fix them ? >: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-problem-about-the-pending-updates-on-my/8d41abf4-eb52-4a52-b624-0d1ef428c548
  4. No internet connection - but im connected... kinda ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection - but im connected... kinda ?: windows says ' no internet, secured' yet im writing this and watching yt videos. This just happened today. my connection seems slower now with this no internet thing. any fixes / known causes? i did change my dns to 1.1.1.1 earlier today not sure if that caused it, i...
  5. A doubt about updating windows 10 version 1909.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A doubt about updating windows 10 version 1909.: Since I installed windows 10 I have set the updates manually and I am currently with the 1903 version. I could install the 1909 version since it gives me the update as available. However, I usually only install updates if they become essential. My question is: the update to...
  6. About Windows 1909 update

About Windows 1909 update: Sir i'm running windows 1903 64bit , now my question is that if i update my windows 10 from 1903 to 1909 how much data it will consume ?, what is the size of 1909 update please reply sir ....
  7. Hi my cpu overheat when im update windows 10 1909

Hi my cpu overheat when im update windows 10 1909: Hello microsoft team my cpu 70c degree when idling and plus i check my resource monitoring 145% max frequency please helpp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-my-cpu-overheat-when-im-update-windows-10-1909/1fc3130e-62e8-44f5-adca-b42173126188
  8. Curious about 1909 Fall update

Curious about 1909 Fall update: Hi All, I had to reinstall Windows 10 on my friend's laptop 2 days ago and noticed the option to sign in with a local account is not available. Rather than add a phone number I redone it with no internet connection and all was fine. I was just wondering when the Fall 1909...
  9. Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Im about to scream at the PC copy of the Windows Store: So long story short I had to uninstall Age Of Empires DE to download the new copy that allowed cross play with people with the steam copy. It updated to the 2.8 whatever build. The game needed to update again and I started the update in the windows store. I ended up canceling...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes, kinda

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Freezes, kinda: A while back I switched my old computer monitor to my RCA TV and after that games like Roblox, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, and Terraria keep Freezing kinda. I can still interact with everything, hear everything, and even see my cursor move. These games I've never had a...