Windows 10: I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...

Discus and support I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install certain driver updates. Only 1 out of 7 says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by katinfoco, Apr 20, 2024.

1. katinfoco Win User

I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...

performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install certain driver updates. Only 1 out of 7 says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still cannot install driver updates to my dell. I am an administrator.

:)

katinfoco, Apr 20, 2024
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

net user administrator /active:no keeps saying access denied.

Hi Rebekah,

It's possible that you're not using an elevated command prompt, causing the Access Denied error. We suggest following these steps to properly disable the built-in administrator account:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste net user Administrator /active:no and press
      Enter
      . If the command isn't successful, please post a screenshot so that we can study it further.

Let us know if you're able to hide the administrator account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 20, 2024
  3. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to everything that requires an administrative account

Reply from RaviDixit

==============

Your case might fall into two scenario: Either you are not able to log-on into the Administrative account at all or the other case would be that you are able to log-in into your administrator account, but when you are trying to access any file using that administrator account then you are given the message as 'Access Denied'. Don't worry, if yours' is the second case, then you would be able to access all your files similar to the time before reinstalling Windows.

If the first case is true where you cannot login to any of your administrator account, then you need to reinstall windows from scratch.

If the second case is true, where you are able to log-in to your administrator account, but you are denied the permission to access that item, you can refer to this section to take control of your PCs files:

1.) Move to the location where your files are stored in your PC for which you are given the messsage as 'Access Denied' an select any file orr folder.

2.) Now, when right click that file, select properties and move to security tab, then click on advanced button at the bottom - another windows will open with all the tabs on it.

3.) Firstly click on permissions tab -> click continue (if permission is asked then click on continue) -> move to Add -> Advanced -> click Find Now -> select your Administrator User Name from the drop-down list & then click O.K. twice.

4.) An another window will open. Just click on allow button (for all) and click O.K twice.

5.) then Click on the owner tab and by clicking on the edit tab change the owner to 'XYZ' (- this is your account name with administrative rights) -> click O.K twice (or thrice) to move close all the properties box.

Issue with my computer

================

My system falls under scenario 2 where I can able to log-in to my administrator account but still getting permission denied message whenever I tried to access "Services".

It works till step 2. But in step, my system is showing only view option. I couldn't able to add or edit administrator username. Can you please help?

Anusiya Karmegam, Apr 20, 2024
  4. LoneZ Win User

I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...

Access denied on windows 7

My friend copied a folder for me through a pendrive and I could copy all of the files
    except an application file(exe.) saying that "file access denied"and I require to get permission from the file owner or contact the administrator.

I read the tips on changing ownership but this whole folder does not have a "security" tab in the properties menu. The same goes to the application file itself.

So what can I do now?*Confused I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an... :confused:
    Its frustrating.

LoneZ, Apr 20, 2024
Thema:

1. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an... - Similar Threads - I'm administrator getting

2. I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm an administrator but denied access to certain files that requires an administrative account: performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install a certain driver update. Only 1 out of 14 fails, says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still...
  3. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...: performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install certain driver updates. Only 1 out of 7 says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still cannot...
  4. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm administrator but am getting denied access to certain files that requires an...: performed a recovery because pc was running slow. no problems with recovery. now however, I cannot install certain driver updates. Only 1 out of 7 says I don't have admin privledges. All others installed fine.tried all suggestions i could find on this site. still cannot...
  5. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to everything that requires an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm administrator but am getting denied access to everything that requires an...: Reply from RaviDixit==============Your case might fall into two scenario: Either you are not able to log-on into the Administrative account at all or the other case would be that you are able to log-in into your administrator account, but when you are trying to access any...
  6. I'm administrator but am getting denied access to everything that requires an...

I'm administrator but am getting denied access to everything that requires an...: Reply from RaviDixit==============Your case might fall into two scenario: Either you are not able to log-on into the Administrative account at all or the other case would be that you are able to log-in into your administrator account, but when you are trying to access any...
  7. Administrator access denied

Administrator access denied: Hi guys accidently on my window 11Education version a I deleted administrator account and now I'm facing problem because unable to install any software because my laptop ask for administrator privilege to install any thing...
  8. Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Denied access to .dmp file. I am the sole administrator and owner.: Denied access to .dmp file even though I am the sole administrator and owner. Advised to go to Minidump folder to learn why my computer just crashed...showing WHEA Unrecoverable Error. I have read that this is normally a hardware fault, and sometimes just a driver issue-...
  9. Administrator denied access to files

Administrator denied access to files: I'm having issues with installing iTunes. The previous iTunes libraries will not open as it says I don't have permissions. I've tried to change permissions and I have to have authority to do that. How do I fix this? Debbie...
  10. Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why ACCESS DENIED if I'm Administrator?!: I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 Pro onto my desktop. I did not upgrade the system. During installation i created my own account. The account type is Administrator. I turned off UAC. What i don't understand is i often get the message "Access Denied" or you are not an...