Windows 10: I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems

Discus and support I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The major feature update for Windows 10: version 20H2 continually breaks some of my games and more importantly it is destabilizing Nvidia and breaking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by siddfynch, Jun 12, 2021.

1. siddfynch Win User

I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems

The major feature update for Windows 10: version 20H2 continually breaks some of my games and more importantly it is destabilizing Nvidia and breaking GEForce and graphic drivers. The past two times I allowed the update, Windows stopped recognizing my GPU and GEForce experience stopped working. Also, games using Direct X no longer functioned. I have a high end, custom intel CPU gaming laptop with RTX 2070 GPU.I ran trouble shooters and tried updating drivers, but the NVIDIA tool tells me that my machine is not compatible and won't let me update drivers.The only solution I could come to was to

:)

siddfynch, Jun 12, 2021
  2. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

3. Kanan Win User
    Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

It's a weird software problem I guess. Try GeForce Experience to upgrade it, maybe it works. I have a 780 Ti too and have the newest driver in Win 8.1, installed via GF Experience.

Kanan, Jun 12, 2021
  4. I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems

Windows 10 version 20H2

The computer in question had Windows 7 on it and there was not an option to uninstall the 20H2 update. So I have reverted back to Windows 7. Is there a way to download and install Windows 10 version 2004? The games will work on that version but not the
    20H2 version.

Thanks

Richard Alan, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems

1. I'm afraid to update now after Windows 10, version 20H2 caused NVidia problems - Similar Threads - I'm afraid update

2. Problems installing version 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems installing version 20H2 update: Hi, I am having trouble installing version 20H2. After several attempts, each time I end up with the error message "Windows installation could not configure Windows to run on this computer's hardware" and then the device shuts down almost immediately. I tried to install the...
  3. Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2

Problem with Windows 10 update after recent version of 20H2: Hi there, I have been experiencing problems with Windows 10 update for a few months ever since I have updated to version 20H2. Basically, when I go to Windows Update I will see the following Error Message: [ATTACH] When I click on Retry, I will see the following for a...
  4. Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.

Windows 10 update to version 20h2 problem.: I am using the laptop Asus Pentium Quad Core. I was updating the windows 10 version 20h2 according to the notification on the taskbar. When I started updating for the first time it showed failed to update. Second time I showed error 0x8007042. then I went to troubleshoot the...
  5. after Windows 10, version 20H2 update

after Windows 10, version 20H2 update: This windows update made my internet connections go whacky. When I restart nothing, all internet icons have red xs Unplug computer and turn it on again and I have internet. I have tried recovery to a previous startup and undoing update to no avail....
  6. problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2

problems opening firefox after updating to version 20h2: I updated my laptop to Windows 10 version 20h2 2 days ago. Initially I was thrilled with how it was performing. This morning I had difficulty starting up the pc and had many problems opening Firefox and Thunderbird. With task manager open I tried to open Thunderbird. Got...
  7. Problem updating windows 10 from version 1909 to version 20H2

Problem updating windows 10 from version 1909 to version 20H2: Hello all, I have been working with Windows 10 tech support for almost a week now level 1 & 2. The issue I am having is that I have not been able to update my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2. We even did a fresh install of Windows that erased all of my files I have them backed...
  8. Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Problem Since Windows 10 Update version 20H2: Since updating Windows 10 to version 20H2 latest version, only 3 of my 4 PCs show up in network folder. Can anyone help? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-problem-since-windows-10-update-version/8bf4dffc-0422-42d7-b6c5-513b0b16599a
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 caused browers to not work

Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 caused browers to not work: After loading this Feature, my browsers stopped working. I could start them, the browsers, but when i clicked on a link, say MSN.Com, all i got was a screen full of black triangles with question marks and a bunch of scrambled letters. I tried Firefox ,Chrome, and Edge and...
  10. 20H2 window nvidia graphics problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20H2 window nvidia graphics problem: [ATTACH]i got this problem my laptop found the driver but cant found the hardware I have install the new version nvidia but wot fix My nvidia card is gtx 930m Laptop asus x556uf...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia not working after windows 10 update